Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing etiquette

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing etiquette

OUCH!!! Ticked off pier owner......
    Found a good honey hole with some good structure on it close to a guys pier. We came up on it today to fish it and he came stomping out on the pier. He came to the corner we were on and started to cast towards us , staring us down. I didn't want a confrontation so I eased off and went elsewhere to fish.catching fifteen this afternoon eased the pain BUT the more I think about it this fellow does not own the lake. When peeps fish my pier I go out to greet them and see how they are doing. What are y'all's thoughts about this Matter?
    Last edited by "G"; 11-05-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good mind to post up coordinates and pictures of his place so everybody can fish it.....
    Likes "G", strmwalker, Billbob, Clint, NIMROD, mitch_ward LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

He owns the pier.....not the water or what's under the water, like brush, fish, etc. He can stop you from being on his pier, not from fishing around it. Lot's of this type of person on LOZ too, but just as many like you, who come out and wave

Post Thanks / Like

We had this problem on a lake here where a owner was cursing at fisherman to stay away from his dock. The topic was discussed with the lake patrol as to whether he had the permission to stake claim to the water around his dock. We all know that he doesn't but at first one of the lake patrol employees said he did.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually on lake Martin APC governs everything beyond the full pool land mark. I believe legally I could get out on his pier, which I would not outa respect for him. Just had to vent, I'm probably over reacting a little

Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel your over reacting at all. I would have gotten out on his dock while he was there to discuss the situation, but that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just fished Lake Cumberland and there were signs no fishing around docks. We asked and we're told they would call in with your numbers and they would mail you a ticket. Didn't k in they owned the water either. But guess they did their. May want to check the regulations
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

When we first moved to Florida my folks bought a house on a lake. No ramps or public access. Anyone fishing on it either owned a house on the lake or knew someone that did. I was one of 4 people that fished it on a regular basis. Had a feller get pissed and told me I cant fish under his dock. He said he wss gonna get a pole and catch me and pull me on the bank and whoop me. I was not arrogant or anything, just pointed and showed him where I lived. He stormed up to his house and wss later found dead of heart attack in his garage with pole in hand. They will get what is coming to them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would most likely fish it a lot more!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes Cmj LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    I would most likely fish it a lot more!!!
    Same here. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast