Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zebco 33

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Zebco 33

I know that there are some folks that have an almost cult like following of these, but I have never been a fan. I found this one at an estate sale today and after handling it I knew I had to find it a home. Everything about it is as smooth as I have ever felt one to be. Gave little for it so this is not a funds oriented post. Many people have begun their fishing days with one of these and that is where this one needs to go; to a beginner. It has a little schmutz on it but nothing some soap and water wont fix. I will give this reel to a young beginner who doesn't have one of his own, and I will trust that the adults will honor this and keep things as they are intended. I want all contact here as a return post and no PM's so everyone can follow this. Post a message stating how old the beginner is and why he should get it and I will have my wife decide who the winner is. Feel free to post until this coming Friday, 11/7/14 at 5pm and I will let everyone know what my Wife (Joni) has decided when she gets home from work. Here's a few pics, and good luck to you.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes "G", justfishin2 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad the ones they make nowadays are junk....older ones are bulletproof.
    Gander Mtn GSX.....Perception Pescador 12.....Shakespeare Contender

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Skeet!!!!!! It looks like one of the older ones but they always worked good.

Wademaster - Folks aren't going to be able to say that anymore - I picked up a new Ladies 33 rod/reel combo for my grand daughter for when she came this summer and Zebco re-designed the reel again and it really works nice!! I took the 10 lb. Cajun Red line off and put 6 lb. Trilene XL on it and it casts like a bullet and reels in fine!! Even has left/right retrieve now and it's really nice. They even have a trigger spin 33 that looks really good!

Here's the info on the new ones
    33® Spincast Reel
    Likes wademaster LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

May have to pick one of those up for the wife. The last 2 or 3 I've gotten her in the last year or two aren't worth the plastic they're wrapped in. They weren't like the one you showed though. May give it a try.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    May have to pick one of those up for the wife. The last 2 or 3 I've gotten her in the last year or two aren't worth the plastic they're wrapped in. They weren't like the one you showed though. May give it a try.....
    Pony up the $ and get her a zebco omega. They are way better than the 33's.

Omega® Spincast Reel
    Likes wademaster, NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a couple of those high end zebcos. Actually I dropped one in a lake once.....wasn't even mine.

Post Thanks / Like

a big congrats to you skeetbum!!!!! excellent jesture!!!
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good deed.

Brenda tells me I am in my second childhood. Do I qualify?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mama's taking all applications Tom.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Not to muddy your thread.............But this great jesture got me thinking, I belong to a forum of a different interest ( motorcycles ) they created a thread call " pay it forward "

Basically someone puts up a item they think someone else could use......the first responsible person to reply with interest gets it, then the receiving parson has a certain amount of time to post something of his/hers to give to someone who needs it..........and so on and on.

It really works well........ the gifter decides weather to ask for shipping costs or cover it himself.................Something to consider!

Oh and everything is done in the forum......... no behind the scenes private messaging. well except for contact info/addresses.
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast