Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock Lake 11-1 "Confused???" http://www.crappie.com/crappie/images/smilies/idon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock Lake 11-1 "Confused???" http://www.crappie.com/crappie/images/smilies/idon

Went to the Rock. Caught about 25 but only had 6 keepers. I am really struggling to catch keepers. I tried deep, shallow, open water, around laydowns and stumps. I am a little confused where to look for bigger fish. I do not think they are out in open water yet around pt 15, but I may be wrong. I fished up around Walnut Springs and went to the Virgin Bluff area and struggled everywhere. I did however put together a little patter. Have any of you guys got and advice for the fall bite on the Rock?

Post Thanks / Like

I started slow trollin' again as they are moving right now. Went up into the flat creek and caught some in the trees on just past the dock on the right over 12 ft. minnows working best right now. And yes, you'll struggle for big fish this year. The big year classe of 2009 petered out and there is a boat load of 9 - 10 inchers. 2015 may be phenomenal like 2006
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got a few anyway, congrats. it will get better

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried up in Flat. I plan on going this comin Sat and I will start up around Walnut Springs again, but I am going to do some long lining up the James and in the mouth of Flat. I think I have found a little different setup for long lining. I have figured out how to tie a dropper loop and I think that this will be better, easier and much less expensive. I will be able to tie either jigs or hooks to the dropper loops and bait with minnow. Are you catching anything on jigs as of now?

Post Thanks / Like

I went past flat up into the river. I'm seeing bait balls on the side images and marks in 14'. I put out the spider rig and never got a bite yesterday morning. At some point you'll be able to catch them up below the three docks and up past them long lining.
    I did not side image the mouth of flat. that bite usually kicks up when the water temp. gets down into the 40's. Water was 56 yesterday so it's not far off.
    I had to run down stream from bridgeport and work brushpiles in 10 - 18 ft. Some piles have a boat load of 12" Kentuckies on them and no crappie. Did find some 11 - 12's yesterday but had to hit 30 brushpiles to find a single limit with two in the boat.
    Standing in the Gap
    Likes beagle man, Riverrat13 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kit,
    I went Friday afternoon up in Flat but did not go up into James. I spider rigged from the point marker to the opposite buff and in the channel up above the stump on the right. I caught three pretty good bass, but no crappie. I found water in the 40s and a ton of baitfish but no crappie. Are you catching crappie riggin up above the three docks in James? Are you in the channel or out on flats when you are riggin up there? What kind of side image do you have. I have been looking at them and would really appreciate some advice. I have crappie fished that lake for better than 25 years, but I am always looking for another small advantage or the next better thing to help me catch em. I do not know about you, but the only thing better than catching a crappie is eating a crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that the water is already in the 40's. Just not so happy with the weather that it took to get there.
    Likes springhillwantabe, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverrat13 View Post
    Hey Kit,
    I went Friday afternoon up in Flat but did not go up into James. I spider rigged from the point marker to the opposite buff and in the channel up above the stump on the right. I caught three pretty good bass, but no crappie. I found water in the 40s and a ton of baitfish but no crappie. Are you catching crappie riggin up above the three docks in James? Are you in the channel or out on flats when you are riggin up there? What kind of side image do you have. I have been looking at them and would really appreciate some advice. I have crappie fished that lake for better than 25 years, but I am always looking for another small advantage or the next better thing to help me catch em. I do not know about you, but the only thing better than catching a crappie is eating a crappie.
    I bought and 1199 and it's changed the game for me. finding small break edges and brush I never knew was there. I'm still vertical jigging after that failed riggin event last week. I've never found the bite active enough fishing the mouth of flat at the james. Lotsa boat there in the winter for sure. I'll keep checking the james every couple weeks. I'll PM ya when I find them turned on.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to go to a seminar on Lowrance next week. I am not really sure if I like lowrance. I do like the Humminbird system. I am really excited about that winter bite. I think a guy should be able to catch em around the week of Christmas. Hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverrat13 View Post
    I am going to go to a seminar on Lowrance next week. I am not really sure if I like lowrance. I do like the Humminbird system. I am really excited about that winter bite. I think a guy should be able to catch em around the week of Christmas. Hopefully.
    I've seen both systems and they both have their attributes. I stuck with Humminbird as I know the ins and outs of the system and didn't want to make the transition. lowarance has a great product line so I have nothing back to say about their finders and side imagers. Kind of a Ford / Chevy thing. You like what you think is good, reliable and easy to use.
    I'll be out there tomorrow kicking around in the morning.
    Standing in the Gap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast