Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: POSTING OF HOT SPOTS

Post Thanks / Like

Default POSTING OF HOT SPOTS

Found this rule on a salt & fresh water forum. Something to think about.

After committee discussion, we have decided to make this change to site policy. The rule is specifically directed toward the sharing of specific fishing spots in forum posts. Out of respect for the resource, as well as the people who enjoy fishing many of these locations, this policy adjustment should eliminate some problems. While we understand that the sharing of information is a large part of what we enjoy here, it can be detrimental to give out specific locations that are not generally public knowledge. We believe that the members can share their experiences and general locations without putting undue pressure on specific locations.

To keep this policy as simple as possible, please keep the following in mind when openly posting your fishing location(s):

Posting of what are considered to be "very General PUBLIC locations", such as PIERS, BRIDGES, BEACHES that are easily accessed, will be permitted.

The posting of very specific fishing locations that do not fit into the category above will be discouraged. This will include any details and/or descriptions of the location, whether they are included as text in the post or photos that reveal the specific location of the poster's report . We would encourage people who know and trust other forum members to utilize the Private Message or email feature of the site for the exchange of specific information on locations.

Posting any and all information regarding method of harvest (bait, lure, gear, tide fished, etc) is acceptable and encouraged. An attentive reader will learn much from a report that includes information of this type, and he can then incorporate it into fishing his or her own favorite spots. We appreciate your contributions and willingness to help one another.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING
    Likes Speckanator, SlowRideStu LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds to me like about the stupidist rule I have ever heard in a forum..................In order to keep undue pressure on the species.........that's a bunch of garbage.
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midcarolina View Post
    That sounds to me like about the stupidist rule I have ever heard in a forum..................In order to keep undue pressure on the species.........that's a bunch of garbage.
    Don't see where you could have read this in the posting.
    I for one can't read between the lines, but maybe you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay....... so I combined out of respect for the species with undo pressure on a specific location, Still doesn't change the fact that it is a dumb rule for a forum!
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)

Post Thanks / Like

Okay....... so I combined out of respect for the species with undo pressure on a specific location, Still doesn't change the fact that it is a dumb rule for a forum!
    Can't wait for the day you give a report of a great day in a SPECIFIC location then the next time you return to that location it's loaded with people fishing that spot. Trust me it happens. And you will find that 99% of those people are not registered on CDC. After reading your other post I now understand your negativity on this matter.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING
    Likes Speckanator LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 65pontiac View Post
    After reading your other post I now understand your negativity on this matter.

Care to elaborate more on what you are hinting to?

I got some news for you........... If you give a report with specific location information do not be shocked that others have honed in on the area!!!

MY reply was that it shouldn't be a RULE of a forum, Ifin you don't want to "let the cat outta the bag " DON'T

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with midcarolina. Stupid and completly useless rule for a forum. If someone wants to post their gps coordinates so be it. If they aint got enough matter between their ears, it aint gonna matter anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

You're never gonna be goober of the year talking like this.....pretty harsh response!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon it came out a little harsh........But Charlie Daniels said it best, I ain't nothin but a simpleman.