Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thursday's Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday's Fishing

Well I got to Stony Creek around 9:30 AM. The Bay I launch at was calm and crystal clear. The first thing I noticed was a school of bait fish gliding by above the sand a few feet from shore. I took this for a good sign that there still would be fish in shallow. The Water temp was 52 in the bay and after launching I fished for about 30 min with no luck. Next I covered about 1/2 the lake looking for signs of fish on my Lowrance, but found nothing but empty water. Not finding any fish I took the opportunity to take in the sights of a calm autumn day on the water. I had my DSLR with me so I took quite a few pictures. Getting back to fishing I made my way to the south dam. A few odd fish shown on the finder as I hit the 20 foot range. Then when I got east of the damn I think I saw every fish in the lake on my screen. It seems as though everything that swam was concentrated from east of the damn to the fishing pier from 2 FOW all the way down to the bottom. I definitely learned where the fish go in this lake when the water turns cold in the fall. No matter however; I could not buy a bite. I fished horizontal, vertical, drifting, you name it. Not a bite. However, I say it was a good day. A Very beautiful day, and until about 3 PM, when another kayaker showed up, I had the lake entirely to myself (was pretty surreal actually).

I put a small video together from the photos I took along the way. Hope you like...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0tUtPj-rao
    "My other car is a plastic canoe"

Post Thanks / Like

Even with no fish, it looked liked a fantastic day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was really a beautiful day to be on the water. How often can you have an entire lake to yourself on such pristine day?
    "My other car is a plastic canoe"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day to me Chris.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting on the water and seeing the fall colors makes the day a great one. Enjoyed reading your report and seeing the pics from the day.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4