Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using recording function on Lowrance units

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using recording function on Lowrance units

Below is a link to a thread I started on the VA board. It covers using the recording capabilities of Lowrance units paired with Sonar Viewer and has some screen captures with short explanations on what is in the image.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=29369

I hope this helps someone.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Very informative Pan Man.
    Thank you. I didn't know about that Sonar Viewer program.
    And I thought I knew everything.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever E/M the files to anyone. It's pretty neat. I do that alot to my boys.But if you have gps don't send a secret spot. It will tell where you've been
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crip47
    Have you ever E/M the files to anyone. It's pretty neat. I do that alot to my boys.But if you have gps don't send a secret spot. It will tell where you've been
    I have not tried to email the files due to their size. They are better suited for ftp download, but I don't have access to a ftp server for those purposes.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like

pan man,now that's good stuff,thanks
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried to download the navionics into there unit and then just use a mmc card to record on? I don't know if it's possible to do or not. I run a 332 C and would like to be able to use the spare mmc card while fishing.

I know the Navionics card says in rather no uncertain terms not to try to install there card into a computer to try and use it with a program or try and copy it.
    Any Ideas?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FisherMike
    Has anyone tried to download the navionics into there unit and then just use a mmc card to record on? I don't know if it's possible to do or not. I run a 332 C and would like to be able to use the spare mmc card while fishing.

I know the Navionics card says in rather no uncertain terms not to try to install there card into a computer to try and use it with a program or try and copy it.
    Any Ideas?
    I don't think there is a practical way to use a map card and record SONAR data on the 332C. The only solution I can think of (and a poor one at that) is to swap the cards depending on needs at that time. The higher end units with dual slots is the best solution, but the price for those units doubles or more over the cost of the 332C.

I had a map card on my Christmas list until I figured out how to make recordings. I scratched the card off my list as the SONAR data is much more valuable to me and I'm not able to determine a solution that lets me do both.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like

I did by accident record the sonar on my nav. prem. chip . there was alot of space on it. I was able to delete it only on the unit. the pc would not alow it.It showed up as a seperate file on the chip. hope that helps.
    CVA62.....64-68

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FisherMike

Any Ideas?
    I talked to Lowrance about this yesterday because I have a fishing hot spot elite card. I cannot be done on the 332. You have to have a unit with 2 card slots like the LCX25C. Kinda disappointing.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the info.

PanMan, I don't have the Map Create program, but what is the GDM you refer too?
    I know I'm going to feel really dumb when you answer this,,, but what the heck.
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast