Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My New Fish Cleaning Table

Post Thanks / Like

Default My New Fish Cleaning Table

Built a 'lean to' for the boat this spring - built this fish cleaning table between two of the 4x4 posts, hung with chains and on lag bolts so it can swivel up for clearance when the boat's backed in. The first pic is of my 4 yr old and me fishing at Barren River (Kentucky) this afternoon - his first time out on Daddy's boat! Only a handful of keepers (plus 20-30 or so dinks) but good memories for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by TimPierce; 10-25-2014 at 08:49 PM.
    Likes Don G, Cane Pole, JET4 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is a neat idea with the swing up table and it looks good too. If I had it to do over, one of my boys would have been with me every time my boat hit the water. Got plenty of time now to fish with others, but kids are grown and have lives of their own now.
    Take him as much as you can.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to as he gets older - He's my little fishing buddy at the in-laws farm pond, where he can play/throw rocks/go get a snack from Granny when he wants. His attention span is a little too short still for a full day on the boat. My wife brought him to me when we were wrapping up so i could ride him around a little while until he got bored. haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice pics and table. Thanks for posting.
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

“Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.” ― Grandma Moses

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember, you're bringing him from the ground up. When you two go fishing in the early days, you probably wont get to fish much, if at all. The two hour (if you're lucky) trips centered around him learning will pay dividends in the years to come.Looks like he was enjoying himself. Like the cleaning table, real good idea for it to fold out of the way. The stainless will clean up easy.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking table.........one thing, if you are like me and have trouble with the fish slip slidin around on a slick table, pick up one of those green or black astro turf welcome mats, Well they arent exactly astro turf they are all rubber with a gazillion little fingers............ it really works great for keeping the fish in place while cleaning......

Here is a picture of one I found on the net.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Dad & nice job on the table. I like the SS top.

Post Thanks / Like

very nice job! you could put eye bolts on other side also, to use it the other way when the boat is already in there.

and good job dad