Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice at Big Sandy...Pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice at Big Sandy...Pics

It was beautiful. One pic is a blue crane standing in the middle of the lake on ice. You mayl have to look hard to see it though. Had fun in the ice!

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey that place looks a little familar to me. Good pictures. I can even see the bird out on the lake. Water is still down I can see. Hope the ice does not do any damage to anything. Can't wait till it warms back up here. Speaking of BACK man does mine hurt today. I went out and shoveled the snow off the driveway. 12ft wide by about 70 ft long by 2.5ft deep. That is a lot of snow. My show shovel is not designed to do anything other than push the snow around. I need a different type that can be used to better lift and throw the snow off to the side. For some reason the snow kept sticking to my shovel and making the job twice as hard to perform. After every scoop I had to bang the shovel on the concrete to knock the snow off it. That got old real fast.

Three or four cars and trucks got stuck at the top of the hill leading out of the subdivision where I live. I live on the corner lot where one first comes into the subdivision. It's the only road coming into or going out of the subdivsion. There are three big apartment complexes down at the very end of the road and each unit has about 8 people living in them. So a lot of cars come by my house all day long. There is a stop sign at the end of the road where it connects to the main road. People stop there and then can't get going again as it's snow covered and very icey and on a slight up hill grade. It takes four strong men to push the cars up that little hill and get them out of the way. And to top it off there are three or four cars that park on the road instead of in the driveways. Some neighbors have way too many cars. One neighbor has Four cars and they only have two people in the house that can drive. They driveway is filled with a big camper and two utility trailers that they use to haul their motorcycles around to the camp grounds. So they don't have any more room in their driveway and it's a DOUBLE WIDTH Driveway that is at least 24 ft wide. But it's very steep so they end up parking one van and a truck on the street. And right across the street from the very end of my driveway there is a car that parks right on the street. I can't get my boat back into the driveway when they park there. Last night some idiot double parked next to that car and then the only way out was to come over to my side of the road and almost go though part of my yard. I called the Sherriff and had them tell them to move the second car. Damn people are not even suppose to be out in this snow as the governor and the county commisioners and sherriff have us locked down for a state of emergecy. You would think that people would listen to the elected officials and stay at home but nooo they have to go out driving all over the place and get stuck in the ditches and block the roads. People are so dumb at time and they all should be at home. We have plenty of warning that this storm was coming and most sensible people stocked up on food and stuff before the storm hit so they don't have to get out in this slippery mess. Now my back is sore and I need to take some Aleve to ease the pain. I noticed that the snow was a lot heavier today than it was when it first fell two days ago.
    Regards,

Moose1am

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Moose, spray your shovel with a silicon spray next time. The snow wont stick to the metal or plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Or cooking oil spray.
    Gee, Moose, you southern Indiana boys are real pikers when it comes to snow, aren't you? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we had a big snow like this was back in 1978. Silcon Spray. Now where can I get some of that stuff. That is not wd40 as that is petroleum based. I have some cooking oil that I could use. Hope I remember this in about 20 years when we get our next big snow storm.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about running some ivory soap over the snow shovel.

I have some silicon wet wipe stuff in a plastic bottle. I use it to make my trucks tires look shiny and new again. Just don't get that stuff on the driveway as it will make a spot. If I put that all over the driveway the snow would not stick to the driveway but then I could get any traction either. LOL I will stick to coating my old snow shovel with that stuff. Never thought about that before.

Thanks again for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Moose, spray your shovel with a silicon spray next time. The snow wont stick to the metal or plastic.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

You might try Reel Magic, too.
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

poecat Guest

Default Pictures from a little futher North..

These are some pictures of a Marina on Jonathan Creek and the surrounding area.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by poecat; 12-27-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good pics

Quote Originally Posted by poecat
    These are some pictures of a Marina on Jonathan Creek and the surrounding area.
    If it is gonna be cold, then be good and cold!
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hair spray

Moose- Here in God's Country,central Il we use HAIR SPRAY on everything from snowblowers to sparkplug wires. It seals anything you spray it on. Spray it on and let it dry. Just like ladies hair. Cheap also.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheap ladies hair? Huuum, wonder if you can make jigs out of it? LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va