Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Default opinion

i am going to buy my first bow here real soon. i'm leaning toward a PSE. what are your thoughts on that brand as opposed to others. keep in mind my draw length is around 40 inches so my options are a little limited.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

I think pse is a good choice. Mathews solo is probably the #1 seller around here, maybe because we have a dealer in town, kinda pricey though. I use an overdraw because they were popular 15 years ago when i bought mine. I shoot a 32 inch draw which translates to 26.5 in an overdraw. Go to a good dealer and let them measure and fit you. I would also get one that is smooth, maybe stay away from radical cams. 40 in. seems like a lot. Good luck and have fun shopping. MO.

Post Thanks / Like

40 inches huh?Well i aint never heard of a bow with that long a draw length.Better get that checked at a shop Fry may have to be custim made.
    Last edited by hogster; 12-10-2006 at 01:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

the 40 inches is rough. i looked up "how to measure draw length" and just tried to do it here. i doubt i did it right because i really didn't know what i was doing. i'm was trying to get out to BPS today and get measured properly but i didn't get time.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a pro shop measure your draw length. You would have to be about 8 feet tall for a 40 inch draw. The normal range for a 6ft something man is 29 1/2 to 31

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 31" draw length on a compound and 30" on a recurve. I bought a Browning Tornado about 3 or 4 years ago and it has an adjustment on one end where you can make the draw longer. Mine is at 31" and the man said that that was the max on the short end and he could lengthen it and get alot more out of it, but I don't know if it'll do 40". It's a good bow, but our deer herd is vanishing, so I've about hung it up.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

does anybody have any new info about browning? i would really prefer to buy a browning bow, but folks i've talked to have said that in the past two years the quality has slipped off (probably because they are now owned by Bass Pro, unfortunatley) i'm not 8 feet tall, i'm 6'4" but i have the nickname Condor because i have really long arms. serious knuckle dragger here!
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fryguy
    i am going to buy my first bow here real soon. i'm leaning toward a PSE. what are your thoughts on that brand as opposed to others. keep in mind my draw length is around 40 inches so my options are a little limited.
    Fry,
    I have a PSE white tail extreme from BPS I like however If I had it to do over again I would like a Mathews.

Post Thanks / Like

Fry, make sure you pull them before buying. Buy something you are comfortable with and forgiving. Nomally the shorter the bow the less forgiving. By the way, I had 23 deer in the field behind the house Friday evening, 6 bucks, 4 legal, one nice one..they were starting to get hungry with all the ice on the ground..

Post Thanks / Like

wow, behind my house there are just other houses. i hate living in the city! we're looking to move though.
    gee, they have a good package on that "whitetail extreme", that's one of the bows i'm looking at (also the "super g" oddly enough.. i just don't want to spend a ton on my first bow so mathews is kind of out for me. i'm trying to keep it under 600 for the whole package. just looking for a good solid bow to start with.
    -Aldo Leopold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast