Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I took the plunge.

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I took the plunge.

I just ordered all 2X COLORS from do-IT as we are completely switching over I find the 2X the highest quality and not only that but it goes a long ways.

and we will be ordering from spike it their plastic their medium grade is fantastic do not get any yellowing on 4 to 5 warm-ups.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

watch the florescent colors.. They separate an pack tight on the bottom

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha I'm about halfway there myself. I've been looking at Spike-It's glitter selection. Will have to check out there plasital. I see they have 3 types of medium. Medium, medium/soft and medium/hard??? This is on top of their soft and hard they have as well.

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNip View Post
    Haha I'm about halfway there myself. I've been looking at Spike-It's glitter selection. Will have to check out there plasital. I see they have 3 types of medium. Medium, medium/soft and medium/hard??? This is on top of their soft and hard they have as well.
    I do like there plastic really well and I will continue to use it I used the medium grade which is fantastic and seems to do a good job.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I put a 2 small stainless nuts in my x2 colorant bottles and leave them in site so I can rotate them every now and then. I think the white is the worse. I also rotate my plastic. So far no more settling! I still use Bears( Calhouns) plastic. Really good prices when on sale. Seems to take the heat also.
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Calhoun's is good for some people not me it yellows too fast. I use spike- it medium grade.

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes crappiefarmer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I messed up and let my X2 colors sit for 4 months. Anyone have a jackhammer I can borrow?? I spent an hour trying to get my fl orange mixed back up. I got it back usable but DAYUM!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonDon View Post
    I messed up and let my X2 colors sit for 4 months. Anyone have a jackhammer I can borrow?? I spent an hour trying to get my fl orange mixed back up. I got it back usable but DAYUM!
    all the colors from different manufacturers all do the same thing I have t3 quart bottles in the white is the worst but you'll have the same problem no matter which one do you buy from other manufacturers.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

There you is. Thought you fell off in the swamp somers. We use to put the shop paint for cars ( rod days) in a warm water bath and that would help them break up.
    Have not tried it with x2. You catching any fish?
    Quote Originally Posted by RonDon View Post
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

All colorants are susceptible to settling and hard packing. The worst I've encountered are MF stuff, but the X2 colors can get stubborn too. When you handle new bottles of color, if the bottle weighs a lot, it will, or should be, on your list of colors to keep shook up or you'll be finding time to resolve a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast