Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perry Muddy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perry Muddy?

Was wanting to hit up perry for some crappie this week but would rather not pull the boat 75 miles to fish muddy water. Was hoping someone would have the scoop, as I know 2 weeks ago the Delaware river at muscotah was running close to 20,000 cfs and the lake rose several feet and it looks like they are dumping 3,000 cfs out the dam the last couple days. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Perry is muddy. Very muddy. They're dumping 3000 at the spillway also. I was there 2 days ago and fished the south end which is usually a little less muddy but even there it was almost chocolate milk. We didn't do too good that day and we usually kill them. I'm sure its still very dirty and will take a while for it to return to normal.
    Likes steveinsene LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sticky, that is what I suspected and guess I will have to go somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try clinton tomorrow. I will let you all know how that goes
    Likes steveinsene LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Perry Sunday. Main lake dirty further you go north. Rock creek arm clearer. 3-4 ft high and dumping water does not make for good fishing. Water 60 degrees. Caught 5 keeper crappie 7-8 ft off rocks. Garland Strollr triggered more bites. Shad everywhere and all depths off rocky breaks. Ended up casting the rocks for white bass catching one every cast. Really just went out to shake the cob webs off motor and burn up some stale gas.
    Likes steveinsene, Blackdog40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds a little more promising on the white bass, looks like the lake has 2 1/2 ft to go to get back normal after them keeping it high all summer...should not take long releasing 3,000 cfs. Was there any size to the whites? I caught good numbers and size along with the dinks in August, much better average size than last year for me. With the crappie at Perry I catch so many shorts to every keeper I usually get frustrated and go looking for the white bass lol!

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of them whites had some shoulders on them taking out the 10 lb test power pro. Majority less than a 1lb. Felt good to feel that thump. Heading back out tomorrow, according to corps site they should be shutting down the outflow tomorrow. Tomorrow sounds like its going to be a beautiful day to be on the water. Wind is going to pick up Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to update this thread with a report from last Saturday. We decided to head to Perry and found the water on the southern mainlake dam area, rock creek, and slough creek did not look bad at all...stained but easily a foot plus visibility. Caught a lot of short crappies but very few keepers mostly fishing a double jig rig in 12 to 20 ft...thought they would be much shallower but not many bites shallower, perhaps should have stuck with shallow maybe bigger crappies were shallow? Spent a short amount of time looking for whites shallow but struck out in areas that produced great last year in October. Got to learn to stop fishing memories of previous trips and venture around more looking for fish lol! Guaranteed those whites were biting somewhere shallow on Perry, I know someone had to been killing them as reports have been good and its that time of year.
    Likes Crappie Chatt LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

if you are looking for whites go up around old town. I have been out four times this week trying to get on the crappie. I personally caught over 500 crappie this week but only brought home about 50.I have had almost zero luck in water less than 12 feet. Tried fishing some of the standing timber but had no luck. Channel breaks are where its at for me at least
    Likes steveinsene, Blackdog40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    if you are looking for whites go up around old town. I have been out four times this week trying to get on the crappie. I personally caught over 500 crappie this week but only brought home about 50.I have had almost zero luck in water less than 12 feet. Tried fishing some of the standing timber but had no luck. Channel breaks are where its at for me at least
    Thanks for the old town tip for white bass location, you talkin the 92 causeway or more over by the ramp? I'm still learning the lake after fishing it only for the last 3 years but sounds like you are really on the crappies. Out of the 50 kept out of 500 are those the only ones that measured over 10 inch? If so that would be about my keeper ratio Saturday 10 percent or 1 out of every 10 lol! Although we did not catch those numbers but I hope to figure that lake out. Channel breaks eh? I will have to try this more I mosty fished rock creek and slough creek causeway rock. Maybe I need to spend more time up north looking for crappie? Any way thanks a ton as I will take any advice I can get on Perry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast