Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing by the Barometer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing by the Barometer

This has been discussed on here a bunch, and as the fall weather finally moves in here in Mississippi, I did some reading up on how the barometer and fishing relate to each other. This is about the best article I have ever read on the subject.

Enjoy,

Fishing by the Barometer - weather.com

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read. However, I disagree with most of it as it relates to Crappie specifically. I have found that here they will either hold to their current pattern, or come up extremely shallow in low pressure situations before a front and feed vigorously, sometimes for the duration of the low pressure system. When the weather stabilizes and the pressure goes on the rise, they tend to shut down. This is when they seek the comfort of deeper water, riding out the HIGH pressure in the depths. Some of my most productive days have been jigging shallow cover on a cold, drizzly Winter day, or Jigging shallow Cypress during low pressure Summer storms. Go back the next day, when the pressure is sky high, and they are so deep in the brush you need a chainsaw to get em out!! Once the pressure starts to go back down and stabilize a few days later, it's business as usual.
    Last edited by Cmj; 10-20-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)