Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Colorants

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colorants

I have watermelon ,hot glow pink, red, glow blue, black, in x 2 colorants in spike it colors I have sun burst yellow and the UV additive , and a jar of pearl hi lights . I don't want to get to crazy but what other colors do you think I need? ThanksLB ps I have the additive when you have cooked you colors ... Stabilizer too
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

It will depend a lot on what type of baits you make. Panfish/crappie baits will use a lot of the bright colors: chartreuse, hot pink. hot orange, purple, blue, black and white. Lots of colors can be made by mixing colors together... bright green by mixing blue to chartreuse is an example. Something you may want to invest in is hi lite powder: gold, green, red, blue, violet. These will take your colors to places you never imagined and because the require very little of the product to do their work they are very cost effective additions to you coloring supplies. Hi Lite and pearl are very similar but they do two different things when used properly. Glitter can add a lot too. In baits to two inches I don't suggest glitter larger than .015 to start with. Larger flake can be used after you've learned how much to add and where a larger flake will give you a different visual effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ctom if you had to only pick 2 hi lights which. I only make crappie jigs I plan to make one more order for colorants and hi lite I have pearl hi lite I want to keep it under abuget any help would be great

Post Thanks / Like

Violet and gold, Bud. I could live well with just those two.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks order those and violet got the small amounts for now! Will keep y'all posted when the new orde comes in!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the green too