Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boundary question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boundary question

If a missouri resident launched his boat from a tennesee boat ramp to fish the Mississippi River, does that person need to purchase a tn fishing license?
    the reason I'm asking is because its quicker to drive across the bridge and launch on the tn side then it is to launch up river on the mo side.
    Thanks for any information!

Post Thanks / Like

And missouri borders the same water that I'll be fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Might be OK if you didn't bring any fish back with you. I would check with Tennessee to be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

If your from Illinois and launch in Missouri you have to have a Missouri license, so you might have to

Post Thanks / Like

I looked it up and it says you can fish from other states bank but doesn't say about launching boat and fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    I looked it up and it says you can fish from other states bank but doesn't say about launching boat and fishing
    If a Missourian can fish from an Illinois bank and vice versa, then there must be a type of agreement between those two states and I would think boats would be ok to launch from either. To stay safe on this, I would check with authorities from both states

Post Thanks / Like

back in the day used to fish table rock for white bass fished out of eagle rock we were told to clean your fish from ark and mark them then go out and get your mo fish mark them then next day repeat above we were stayin in mo so we needed a mo lic to bring ark fish back into mo???

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a call back from the game warden in pemiscott county and he informed me that it is legal to use the tn ramp.
    but it's different if a tn resident wanted to fish on the mo side because missouri has a limit and tn dosent.

Post Thanks / Like

i think where you launch doesn't matter, its where you fish that matters. heck you
    could launch in LA and drive up to MO to be safe, id call the closest conservation office on both sides and ask them how to identify the fish you caught on the MO side before comng back to TN. this is a real common question on border waters the conservation office could answer