Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance,Things you might not know

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance,Things you might not know

Lawrance has a few free programs that are pretty neat. Most people don't know about. First is the Lawrance product emulator. It will put a functioning unit on your desktop. It's a great way to learn how to use a new unit. beats seating in the boat trying to learn. You can also view a fishing hot spots or navionic chip on it. The other is the sonar viewer. It will let you record to a mmc card what you see on your depthfinder. Then play it back through a card reader on your computer. You can also E/M the file to any one that downloads the sonarviewer. I taught my boys in Indiana how to read their units better. I hope this can help some of you and be something to do on then cold days
    http://www.lowrance.com/software/PCSoftware/demos.asp
    http://www.lowrance.com/software/PCS...nar_viewer.asp
    CVA62.....64-68

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I have down loaded a bunch of their equipment stuff just to play with them. Not a bad place to start. My 102C has networking capabilities (their equipment only). I wish one of the manufs would provide video out so I could record stuff directly to my laptop. They want do this. Might cost them a few sales. Greedybutts....
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I agree. I have down loaded a bunch of their equipment stuff just to play with them. Not a bad place to start. My 102C has networking capabilities (their equipment only). I wish one of the manufs would provide video out so I could record stuff directly to my laptop. They want do this. Might cost them a few sales. Greedybutts....
    Hey Tom. Can the 102C be tied into a H2O GPS?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Not sure Bill. Their networking is still under development. Some stuff is working, but I don't know what. I need to call them again and talk to my buddy Charlie...I bet they get tired of me calling them...haha

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wont work Bill

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Checked with Lowrance and Garmin. They both have electronics network capabilities. I fussed at both manufacturers (got nowhere) because the networks are not compatible (Lorance vs Garmin). You have to buy their dedicated equipment if you wish to network equipment. Networking is a coming thing, so you better get used to it.

There is no reason that these units could not be made compatible except for greed. If Garmin and Lowrance truly followed NEMA standards, these units would work together. NEMA is just a good buzz word that sells stuff. PanManVa posted a good article about recording data. It is a good post and this technology is available at your local Lowrance store now. More good stuff is coming. I am a sucker for technology.

I would say that Lowrance is close to a universal bus, but Garmin chose to go proprietary on their networks. Wonder why?

This is why I am messing around with Bluetooth compatible devices. I know how Bluetooth works.

Links to Networked equipment.

http://www.garmin.com/marinenetworking/

http://www.lowrance.com/LowranceNet/LowranceNet.asp

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I couldn't agree with you more. It's all about greed. I've used lowance for years but I might make the change to the bird. I think my maps will be compatable when the new one comes out. Sure would love to spend a day in your shop. I know I'd be blown away
    CVA62.....64-68