Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tellico Lake Tournament photos & "Thanks"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tellico Lake Tournament photos & "Thanks"

What a great event we had at Tellico Lake this past Saturday. First off I want to thank everyone who came out. I was surprised with the bad weather that was called for we still had 9 teams show up to fish. An the icing on the cake was it didn't rain on us all day. Aside from the tournament we had some great food at the weigh in thanks to Darren and Tracy Caughron! Thank you all so much for that. We also had a great time with friends. I know I enjoy talking with you guys almost as much as I do crappie fishing. We have an outstanding group of men and women who are more than willing to help anyone and everyone catch more fish. I can't wait to see you all again next month at Douglas Lake. Thank you again to everyone!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  54.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  52.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  52.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  59.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  39.9 KB

Matt Xenos
    Owner - Wired For Crappie
    www.wiredforcrappie.com
    Founder/President of East TN Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

Good pictures and people there. Had a good time.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great gathering with a great group of guys. Every time i am with the group I learn something. I encourage anyone that wants to learn more about fishing to come and participate and you will leave happy.
    I fished with my father during the tournament and he has repeatedly told me how much he enjoyed the day and the group of guys. I am certain he will be back to fish with us again, even though he is a dedicated bass fisherman.
    We launched at island creek and fished most of the day within seeing distance of 411 bridge and the fort/museum. We fished about 25 brush piles during the day...moving a lot and only fishing the piles for a short amount of time. All of the piles were in about 15-20fow, but the quantity of fish were not on the piles like they had been in the weeks past. We caught around 40 fish total, weighing in 7 that were between 11 and 11 3/4" in length. We caught most all of our fish before 1030. Our fish were caught on blue/chartreuse slab slayer and a first light shad swim'r by bobby garland. Had a power trim relay short out at 1030 and had to work on the boat for a while. The trim kept trying to go down, running constantly. From now on, I am going to carry extra relays in the boat for instances like this.
    Congrats to the winners. A great catch on a sometimes humbling lake. Looking forward to Douglas tournament and learning more about the features of depth finders afterwards.