Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: let's talk spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default let's talk spider rigging

Well it's going to rain awhile and I need to tie up some rigs for fall so what is your favorite way to tie them? This will be my first fall rigging so jigs or minnows? Can't wait for it to get a little colder. Water temp was 66 on Sat fish were very scattered,launched at state park fished all the way to p12 and not one fish. Maybe the worst day I've had on Truman.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel like you were the only one with that kind of trip. By Sat afternoon CDC members were scattered and/or gone.
    I finally found one Sun morning. Met Jig Flip for the first time at the launch. He said he only caught 2 on Sat.
    Better than me score "0". Only out a little while when the mist settled in so we loaded out and headed home.

Didn't mean to highjack your thread. Hope I can learn from your discussion on spider riggin

Post Thanks / Like

Well I feel a little better. Have a family thing this weekend but hope to get out next weekend. I love fall / winter fishing can't wait for the water temperature to cool off a little more.

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished 3 days caught 3 fish. End to end may have measured 18 inches if you count the whiskers on the channel cat. Really tough fishing.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

#10 swivel, pull line off spol, run about 10/12 inches through eye, tie plain 5 wrap clinch knot. Tie on #1 duo lock snap. Try to make that first dropper about 8 in long. Continue to pull line off spool to about 22/24 inches, slide on egg sinker, then I add a small bead, tie on second #10 swivel, then cut a piece about 12 in long, tie to swivel then same size duo lock snap making this dropper about 8 in also. This way you can change hooks or jigs without having to change out entire rig every time you want to change something. I usually run a pony head on bottom and a Crappielogic gnat on top both tipped with minnows.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979