Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Microspoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Microspoon

I just purchased a variety of microspoons. I'm looking for some advice and techniques from the experts on successfully fishing for crappie with artificial bait especially microspoons. All advice on artificial bait would be appreciated. I have never really fished for crappie with artificial anything. I have caught crappie on lures and flies when fishing for a wide variety of other fish. It just never dawned on me to pay attention and increase my crappie chances. Just joined recently and almost wore my glasses out reading the threads. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billr12
    I just purchased a variety of microspoons. I'm looking for some advice and techniques from the experts on successfully fishing for crappie with artificial bait especially microspoons. All advice on artificial bait would be appreciated. I have never really fished for crappie with artificial anything. I have caught crappie on lures and flies when fishing for a wide variety of other fish. It just never dawned on me to pay attention and increase my crappie chances. Just joined recently and almost wore my glasses out reading the threads. lol
    billr12 I am not the best on the microspoons but crappieday should be able to help. However i have some also and plan on slow trolling with them next spring and maybe shooting some docks.

Here is a link to some very good info on this site...
    http://www.crappie.com/tips.html

Also I have the How To Page on my web site. It's a bit basic but should help.
    http://thumpitjigs.com/HowTo.html

Hope this helps,
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billr12

let me see if I can help you out:D the micro spoons can be fished very much like a jig, though they are MUCH lighter and have a slower fall to stay in there face a little longer. you can fish them naked ( the spoon, not you):D or tip them with plastic or minnow. you can use the Da Fly to get up under docks because of its shape and light weight it will glide under the docks, fish it on a long rod, dip it in the water next to the dock and let it fall on a slack line, if you need to change the direction just lift the rod and let it fall again. The spoons can be cast on light line or jigged. you can also troll them with a swivel or tie them to the hook of a jig with a 10 inch leader. if you have anything else you would like to know feel free to ask.:D