Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I can really Use your help

Post Thanks / Like

Default I can really Use your help

Let me explain. I volunteered to be a boater this weekend in the Fishing For Freedom Tourney on Truman Lake/Long Shoal. In case you haven't heard about it, boaters are paired with wounded warriors for a day of fishing. This will be my first year and really looking forward to giving back to these brave men and women who risk their lives so we can live free, and do the things we enjoy. This is a bass tourney format, but we have the option to take them fishing for whatever species they are interested in catching. I have not had the chance to get out to pre-fish and was hoping I could get some insight from you fine folks to improve the chance of showing my warrior are great day on the water. I am going to try and get out before the tourney, which is Sunday, but that's not a guarantee I'll make it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated by me, but more importantly, the Warrior I'll be paired with. Let me thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide to insure a great day of fishing for these brave Men and Women. Thanks!
    Last edited by Fisheyes; 10-09-2014 at 08:31 AM.
    Most of my money is spent on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, the rest is wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to bbcboards.net and look on the Missouri site! you might be able to get some help from them, they have a FFF thread going.

Post Thanks / Like

I done this 2 years ago and it was pretty cool deal! The warrior I was paired with wanted to bass fish so that's what we did!
    With the cold fronts and all the rain I don't think its gonna matter what species you go for! I think for the most they will all be pretty slow! With the cooling water temps I think I'd definitely try shallow in the creeks whether your fishing for crappie or bass! Minnows being bait of choice for crappie, and look for reaction strikes for bass! Such as square bills, and spinner baits! Good luck
    Likes long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fisheyes. I just wanted to say thank you for being a boater. I am fishing the event as a warrior and asked the same question. If this is your first time I hope you enjoy the weekend as much as I do. I fish the event with a guy who volunteered to take me fishing through the flw take a vet fishing program and we bonded immediatley. If I get any info ill try to pass it on. So far we plan on fishing for crappie because the bass fishing has been pretty slow and the ones we did catche were too small to weigh in. If you fish truman or in the kansas city area very often and would like some company my email is [email protected] and im available to go almost anytime.

I hope you get an appreciative warrior and make a new friend
    ET2(SW/AW)David C. LHeureux
    USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    Likes goggle-eye LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

sterett creeks fishing report says the white bass are biting pretty good on humps. I havent been in quite a while so I cant really help but you may want to read that report it may help

Post Thanks / Like

Search Truman Lake fishing reports on google and look at Bucksaw and Sterett Creek and Osage Bluff fishing reports.
    Good Luck to all.
    If ya see a toon with blue stripe on the sides give me a wave. dfar