Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: clinton 10/8

Post Thanks / Like

Default clinton 10/8

My normal normalfall break pattern isnt working so hot, fished from 9:30ish till 3ish and struggled to get 15 eaters with a bonus sauger. Burnt up some fuel in the ol tub. I either need to get my head on straight or give up havent caught a limit since early summer, hate this fishing stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

hang in there, beats work.

Post Thanks / Like

it's been hard to boat a limit any where this year don't give up

Post Thanks / Like

o beagleman says it is gonna get better always seems to just need to be there when it does

Post Thanks / Like

Dang it I was fishing at Clinton too and did not catch a crappie jigging (did catch one trolling...my last desperate attempt to catch anything) I did see a couple of boats on the dam was one of them yours? I tried using "fall colors" on a 1/4oz. jighead and bouncd the bottom with a drop shot rig and a minnow but absoulutely nothing.....tried the dam and the rocky shoreline on the north side of the lake and some brushpiles in the same area but only a few hits....I also tried some trees in the Wakie and Rock creek arms but nuttin. So you see 15 keepers would've made me a happy camper......for the second year in a row my fishing SUCKS!! I need some Fishless Dan lessons or maybe I'll take up badmitten. ( I even called Chatt and he gave me some locations but still couldn't get a bite)
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I was on the dam on and off and all over the south bank an all over heck and back, easily used 12gal. Of gas in the boat. Caught "A" fish just about everywhere, but no more than one on a spot. Im kinda clueless at this point! Maybe I need to go back to Perry????

Post Thanks / Like

If your clueless and got 15 keepers then I must be "brainless"....ok ok I know some of you guys already knew that....boy that hurts
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!
    Likes ragnar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nah your not brainless, just probably making it harder than it is. Stop reading an trying all the new fangled tricks and techniques and just fish the way you fish best! Thats what a few of the best crappie fishermen I know told me along dang time ago. And that was the best fishing advice I ever have gotten!
    Likes springhillwantabe LIKED above post