Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Falls- Near Griffen

Post Thanks / Like

Wink High Falls- Near Griffen

Hello Georgia anglers! Hope everyone is having a great Christmas.I saw a t.v.program called Georgia Outdoors on Ch. 9 . They were fishing at High Falls, I think it is a state park up near Griffen. I have seen the sign when I go to Newnan Ga. just off I75. It was a beautiful place to fish. The Ga. state record for crappie was caught there. Over four pounds. Have any of you fished there?It sure was a pretty place. A little north for us anglers in the southern part of the state. I would be willing to make the drive in the spring for our get together . What do you think ? let me hear from you.If you have any info. please pass it on to myself or Papasage. Do they have camping sites etc etc. Thanks and good fishing to all JimmyS.

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Falls State Park

Jimmy - High Falls State Park is located just East of I-75 not far from Forsyth. You may get off at that exit to cut across to Griffin or Newnan. Regular State Park, Camping, etc, but has a 10 HP limit. In years past have fished there frequently for Bass and Bream but not recently. According to GON has good Crappie Fishing. And a couple of surprises - Flatheads (Biguns) and Hybreds. Lake not too large, and about 99% built out - I looked down there last year for a lot with no luck. GA Power Lake Juliette is near there also - some good fish every year, but FULL of standing timber and the hardest lake to fish I've seen. I'm sure many folks like it but it whips me every time. If you were coming that far up should look into Jackson or Oconee unless you can find a local to help start you on High Falls or Juliette. Good Luck, JimA

Post Thanks / Like

Wink High Falls- JimA

Hello Jim A, Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well with you and your family Thanks for thr info. on High Falls. Will look into the other places also. Thanks for the input. Had my right knee replaced last monday and it is giving me fits. Can't sit here very long. Looking forward to hearing from you again, God Bless and good fishing! Jimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jimmy,
    Hope you getting around a bit now. I'm ashamed of myself for not riding over and telling you some fishin lies, just to see if you believe them. :p
    Oconee sounds like the place we need to be in a few weeks. Let's plan on it.
    Take care,
    GeoW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Knee replacement

Jimmy - sorry to hear about your problems. Hope all is well now and you are up and around. Everyone I know that has had a knee or hip replace has been glad they did it -- AFTER the first couple of weeks. That early re-hab is tough and I feel for you. If you can find a copy of little magazine called Island Living, Holiday Issue, check page 28 -- little write-up on that trip we made to Bull Street in Savannah last summer. Also, my daughter is on page 3. Good luck on your recovery, JimA

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there - I have been to High Falls on several occassions back when I had my jon boat, there is a 10 HP limit on that lake as JimA states. There is one really good place on that lake where I know the crappie hang out, but I haven't had much luck elsewhere. I have come out with lots of fish before, however, nothing that even comes close to the fish that come out of Oconee. Hope that helps.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Falls Lake

High Falls is my favorite lake in Georgia, but I'm not able to get down there
    often because of the distance from house. I caught my largest bass ever there in August of '97. We put in at the dam and started fishing at first light.
    There used to be a big blow down on the left side of the lake, looking from the ramp, about 200 yards down the bank. It hit a grn/pumpkin trick worm.
    It weighed 8.5lbs....I had to mount it. It's a pretty fish! They fish that lake hard for crappie. It's hard to find a place to park in the spring!! It's better to go on a weekday.
    Fishhead

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Geo W.

Hello George, Thats ok buddy, I understand, I thank you for thinking about me. I would have enjoyed hearing your fish stories, Even if they were lies ha ha. I miss talking to you. Would love to go in a couple of weeks. I have cabin fever. I am making good progress, The leg is getting stronger each day now. I can walk without the cane now. Still real sore. Jim A. Is right ,therapy is real tough but its working. I have a lot of fishing I want to do this spring, God willing and I keep that in mind when I am doing therapy. Thanks to all for your well wishes, That helps me make my day. Thanks fish head for your post on high falls, I hope to fish it one day.Also thanks Ga. Boy for your post on the same. My sister lives in Newnan Ga. So I hope to fish high falls ond day when I go to see her. Gods Blessings to everyone and thanks for your friendship, I treasure it. A rich man counts his money and I count my friends, I am much richer than he. Good Fishing to all! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Up at High Falls to find crappie I was thinking about the same location up around the dam....there is a little point sort of near a playground of some sort.....and as you come around that bend the water goes from about 17 - 25 ft.....and during the colder months before the spawn that is probably a good place to begin your search.....right about now that would be a good place to search......

If you are coming out of the Buck Creek area head straight out about a mile or so and then make a right hand turn and head out that way for about another mile or so....not too certain of my measurements....it has been a long time since I had a boat small enough to get in that lake......but, you will almost hit a T where you have to go right or left.....go right and you should be headed toward the dam.....right around that turn is the spot I am referring to.....

If anyone has better info, please feel free to correct me.....thanks.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Wink High Falls-Ga. Boy

Thanks Georgia Boy! I will print that so I won't forget it. Hope to use it one day. Thanks for your help. You know that's why I enjoy this board so much, You meet wonderful people, Make friends and help each other. Thankyou Edhead for a wonderful site sutch as this. The new boaed is a great improvement over the old one. No trouble, No personal atacks, No hard feelings. almost perfect.I have made a good friend on this board that lives right here in Savannah, Hopsing the crappie king, Nice guy, looking forwaed to spending some great time fishing together. That's what it's all about,Good friends and good fishing ,Good luch to all! Jimmy S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast