PDA

View Full Version : How do you rig your Slider Grubs?

BigKyd
10-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Texas rig on the Slider jig or exposed hook on a regular jig?

Also, if you dont Texas rig them do they have any advantage over a curly tail or a minnow-shaped swim bait?

I like the idea of less hang-ups but I dont link the idea of less hook-ups, if you Texas rig them do you feel like you miss any hook-ups?

CrappiePappy
10-07-2014, 03:08 PM
I don't rig either one of those ways :Doh:

I rig my slider grubs on a weedless jighead (ballhead jig with fiber brush guard or Y guard).

Have not had any issues with less hookups, lost fish, or excessive hangups in cover. I also don't have any issues with Texas Rigging or Texposing causing tears in the body of those plastics, since the hook point is not placed back into the body of the grub.

For those that don't know :
Texas Rigging is running the hook through the head end of your plastics, then burying the whole hook point back into the middle of the body.
Texposing is running the hook through the body of the plastics, then running the hook point barely under the "skin" (outer surface) of the body of your plastics.
Both ways are used to make the bait "weedless" (less liable to snag than with an exposed hook).

... cp :kewl

BigKyd
10-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Also, to add to that, the Slider Jig has an offset and appears to be designed for Texas rigging or Texposing for those who are unfamiliar with the Slider jigs.

Cray
10-07-2014, 03:45 PM
I fish them Texas rigged on their hook and on a regular jig head. Just depends on the cover I'm fishing. I like them weedless when casting and dragging through rough stuff or weeds. When Texas rigging I push hook completely through body the back down into body so you create a pathway for hook point just like in worm fishing for bass.

theygotaeat
10-08-2014, 08:57 AM
theysaid Sometimes i just skin hook on side of bait too:twocents