Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default new rod

Been a while since I been out. Got things settled down after a friendly divorce but lost most of my fishing stuff in order to keep my guns. Anyhow, I moved to a new area where I will be shore fishing on cranberry bog ponds. The usual slip bobber and minnow or a mister twister type lure for casting. It is time for a new pole ....or two. Thinking a light, fast, rod about 6 and a half feet long might be a good combo for getting good distance casting with the lighter tackle and still be fun fighting crappie and bluegills. Suggestions? Trying to then mate it up with a good reel for 4 lb test. Under 100 dollars would be a triple win.

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up a BnM Bucks GraphitenJig pole last month and love it. I can cast a 1/32 oz jig head quite far, much farther than I ever could with my medium action. Id consider it an ultralight, 8ft rod, probably a fast tip in my opinion. Paired it with a Pflueger President 6925 reel. Whole setup ran $120 but you could swap out the reel for something else. I think the rod was only $40. A little longer than you wanted but worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSlabber View Post
    I just picked up a BnM Bucks GraphitenJig pole last month and love it. I can cast a 1/32 oz jig head quite far, much farther than I ever could with my medium action. Id consider it an ultralight, 8ft rod, probably a fast tip in my opinion. Paired it with a Pflueger President 6925 reel. Whole setup ran $120 but you could swap out the reel for something else. I think the rod was only $40. A little longer than you wanted but worth it.
    I think I could get by with the longer rod. No trees behind to snag on. Will research the reels. Thanks for the advice.