Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Staffs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pro Staffs

I keep seeing people on pro staffs. I was wandering how this happens. Do you have to fish tournments or what?

Post Thanks / Like

Work hard, fish hard and promote hard
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Well i do all three, and have plenty of pictures

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily. But you should have experience fishing their products and be successful with them. Giving positive reports and showing results also help your cause. Use the product and share info with others. Show them how to get results using them and give them samples if you have them available. Give your sponsor ideas that will help to improve or even design new products for his line up. If you're doing things the right way, they'll show their appreciaton for your work.
    We have a lot of guys on this site making jigs and things that could use a pro-staff. Ask around. Good luck. Chaunc ( Microspoon Pro staff )

Post Thanks / Like

My drawback is i dont have a bass boat yet, (which i'm working on) I have fished my share of bass tournments, in three years in club tournments i have not zeroed once! I can also hold my own with crappie, but i am beign held back by not having a boat to fish the big lakes.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont worry about the boat. Contact the supplier and tell them how well you like their product and show them some of the results. Ask if they have any new products that you can field test and see how it goes from there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give it a shot, i would like to get hooked up with some jigs, i love fishing jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I use them...abuse them...promote them....talk about them..believe in them...and give some away for others to enjoy them....and hope everyone else can catch fish with them too.:D

Jigs...and plastics are fantastic!
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Not necessarily. But you should have experience fishing their products and be successful with them. Giving positive reports and showing results also help your cause. Use the product and share info with others. Show them how to get results using them and give them samples if you have them available. Give your sponsor ideas that will help to improve or even design new products for his line up. If you're doing things the right way, they'll show their appreciaton for your work.
    We have a lot of guys on this site making jigs and things that could use a pro-staff. Ask around. Good luck. Chaunc ( Microspoon Pro staff )

Very well said chaunc...:D

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell you a what little I know. First a guy like me (jig maker) looks for someone that can help his business and perhaps return the favor to some extent. I can only give away so many jigs because there is not a lot of money in them. The cost of materials for them and with the time spent tying them there is not a lot of profit and I don't get paid very well for that time. I tie because I love doing it. I also do it as a hobby to give me something to do and sell them to help pay for materials and buy new materials. I am disabled so don't work and this gives me something to do other than watch TV.

So yes I give my guys some jigs, not a lot though and I also give my guides some pack to give their customers. Now keep in ,ind if I don't sell their customers jigs, I lose. So there is a limit to what I can give out free based on return. I can not give them all they need to fish with. If they want to buy some over and above what I can give I will sell them some at a lower price. I can give more jigs with the more their customers buy. If I gave some guy a 100 jigs that would mean I would have to sell a lot of jig to their customers, right? Otherwise I would be out of business pretty fast as my wife would not look fondly at me giving away more than I sell.

If I get a chance to tell someone about my guides I can do so with confidence that they not only tell their customers about my jigs, but he also puts his customers on fish. He and I both need happy customers! That is the first concern!

Bottom line I look for good people friendly guides that are good at what they do and maybe good tournament guys. If a guy is winning crappie tournaments I would take them on also if they had an interest in my work. What a guy does with bass will not really help much with my business.

What I know is that the jigs I make will hold up very well and you can catch a lot of fish on one jig. Many time catch 50 or 100 crappie on the same jig if you can keep from losing it, LOL! Many jig bought from stores seem cheap, but most will not hold up with mine. The will come apart and sometimes after just a few fish. I have had this happen over and over with even Roadrunners. Something they will last, but many times they come apart pretty fast. It has to do with the way I tie them and finish them.

Hope this helps some.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 12-08-2006 at 08:18 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast