Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnow buying question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnow buying question

I Regularly buy my minnows from two different bait shops. For a one day trip I usually ask for 3 dozen. I never count them but usually "think" I get around 4 dozen +. Picked up 3 dozen Friday and transferred them to my new bait holding cooler and guess what. I had 37 minnows and I ran out by 10 the next morning. NOT GOOD!
    I got what I ordered and paid for, but didn't get as many as I usually get so who do I blame for running out? I'm not stupid and I know there are 12 in a dozen but these guys have got me used to a dozen being at least 16!
    Anybody have any similar experience and how many are in a dozen at your bait shop?
    Likes brucec LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Never counted them!!!!!!!!!!

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you got what you paid fer the extras were just that extras
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes NIMROD, chaunc, ATM, CrappieFlopper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ive never bought minnows (i did find a nearby source though so ill start next year). Id expect what i paid for though like others said, anything beyond that would just be a nice bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

A dozen is a dozen. I like to have at least 150 minnows with me each trip.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

1 shop here counts em out, another says he gets a half dozen per netfull. Dont know exactly what he considers a half dozen but I can fish 2 weekends on 2 dozen of his. I bet he gets 2 dozen a netfull. Dont buy minners much anymore though. But when I do I go there.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy them by the pound! !! Three Dz.only baits our poles twice! !!!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

I started going to a bait shop that I was told will load you up with minnows. First time I went there and the elderly lady counted out each dozen. I usually will buy 4 dozen which will get me a days fishing. I got up to the register to pay and told the guy there that I wouldn't be back if they was going to count them out. He looked in the bait bucket and took it and went back and filled the bucket up. He apologized and said that was his mother and she is pretty frugal. We had a good laugh and I have been buying my minnows there ever since. If they are out of minnows I will get them at the marina but they are high on a hill and it is hard for me to make it up the steps without stopping a couple of times to catch my breath. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    1 shop here counts em out, another says he gets a half dozen per netfull. Dont know exactly what he considers a half dozen but I can fish 2 weekends on 2 dozen of his. I bet he gets 2 dozen a netfull. Dont buy minners much anymore though. But when I do I go there.
    Got a place here just like that. Depends on who's working on how many I get. I bought 4 dozen one day. I gave a buddy near 3 dozen of them. Fished all day and still probably had 5 dozen left. The other person working there counts them out, and you get exactly what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

I go to different places and they all have their own way of counting, depending on who does the counting.
    My suggestion is to figure how many you think you will need, order some, look at them, if you think it's good enough, go with it. If not, buy more. Won't take you but a few times to be able to look at them and tell if its enough.
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast