Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: In Fisherman - Crappie book owner - special request

Post Thanks / Like

Default In Fisherman - Crappie book owner - special request

I really like the In Fisherman:Crappie book - so much so that I loaned it to a friend - and never got it back. If anyone has the book can you look something up for me? I need to know where to start for crappie in natural lakes, in the post summer/turnover period - fishing up here in northern Wisconsin. The nights are getting down to 30 and I have seen reports of some lakes up here turning over this week.

I'm taking my son fishing Fri afternoon and Sat morning. The crappie are easy to find using this book, and I'd like to put him on some earlier rather than later. I would have bought a copy again on amazon to have on the phone, but can't find an electronic version there.

Thanks for any help!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not the in fisherman stuff ...

But it does apply to crappie as they relate to water temperature ...

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...appie-degrees/

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

There are several In-Fisherman crappie books on the market. You have fundamentals one and two and then you have Crappie Secrets and another couple I think. Got the exact title and I can help you. I have most of them.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I have Secrets but its in storage. No way I can get to it by this afternoon, sorry. I got mine on ebay. I checked and didnt see any secrets up now but there are several for crappie tactics. Still no good for today but you could grab one for the next trip. in fisherman crappie | eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickingback View Post
    There are several In-Fisherman crappie books on the market. You have fundamentals one and two and then you have Crappie Secrets and another couple I think. Got the exact title and I can help you. I have most of them.
    It's called "Crappie Wisdom- a handbook of strategies" by Al Linder. I might be able to run by a walmart and get a copy after tonight. But there is not much time in the schedule and its 20+ miles away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    This is not the in fisherman stuff ...

But it does apply to crappie as they relate to water temperature ...

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...appie-degrees/

Rickie
    Thanks! Good read, gives me an idea wher ti start and end up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wasilvers View Post
    It's called "Crappie Wisdom- a handbook of strategies" by Al Linder. I might be able to run by a walmart and get a copy after tonight. But there is not much time in the schedule and its 20+ miles away.
    That book is twenty years old. I can't imagine Walmart having a copy of it. It'd be easier to order from Amazon. You could have it by tomorrow.

Crappie Wisdom: Handbook of Strategies: Al Lindner: 0053038100037: Amazon.com: Books

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    That book is twenty years old. I can't imagine Walmart having a copy of it. It'd be easier to order from Amazon. You could have it by tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasilvers View Post
    The Walmart in Germantown WI does have it for sale. Or at least they did when I was there about a week ago.
    FWIW I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to fish this weekend in WI. The coldfront that blew through early Friday morning will likely shut the bite down for a few days.
    pour'em-paint'em-tie'em-fish'em-stick'em-fry'em!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I hit up a walmart up north and they had a copy. Said to fish right on deep weedlines. Well, drove about 1/3 thw chain and there were no weeds deeper than 3 ft. Must be a water clarity thing. Lake was filthy with crap, maybe the rain, maybe turnover? Not sure. Ended up fishing a bridge most of the day- missed more than I caught, but we ended with enough for a fish fry.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey as long as you got enough for a good meal that's all that counts had to be a good time catching those --enjoy
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER