Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish taking baby shad off the jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish taking baby shad off the jig

Yesterday I had fish take a bobby garland baby shad right off the jig about 5 times. There were some white bass in area and I caught several of them. Was it probably the bass taking the baby shads?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds more like bluegill than anything else. Are you using a collared jig or one with no collar or retainer? If you are using a collar then try a small dab of super glue. I've never had a problem with anything other than bluegill with pulling down my plastics. Never had any fish completely remove it though. You've got one fine bait that you are using. Can't beat BG Baby Shads.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Sounds more like bluegill than anything else. Are you using a collared jig or one with no collar or retainer? If you are using a collar then try a small dab of super glue. I've never had a problem with anything other than bluegill with pulling down my plastics. Never had any fish completely remove it though. You've got one fine bait that you are using. Can't beat BG Baby Shads.
    No collar. Could have been bluegill as I was catching a few.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Crestliner said, get some super glue, put jig on and add a dab of glue between it and the head.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Titelok from Walmart works better than superglue. That will stop the thief from getting your shad.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.