PDA

View Full Version : Fish taking baby shad off the jig

10point
09-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Yesterday I had fish take a bobby garland baby shad right off the jig about 5 times. There were some white bass in area and I caught several of them. Was it probably the bass taking the baby shads?

Crestliner08
09-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Sounds more like bluegill than anything else. Are you using a collared jig or one with no collar or retainer? If you are using a collar then try a small dab of super glue. I've never had a problem with anything other than bluegill with pulling down my plastics. Never had any fish completely remove it though. You've got one fine bait that you are using. Can't beat BG Baby Shads. :)

10point
09-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Sounds more like bluegill than anything else. Are you using a collared jig or one with no collar or retainer? If you are using a collar then try a small dab of super glue. I've never had a problem with anything other than bluegill with pulling down my plastics. Never had any fish completely remove it though. You've got one fine bait that you are using. Can't beat BG Baby Shads. :)

No collar. Could have been bluegill as I was catching a few.

Cray
09-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Like Crestliner said, get some super glue, put jig on and add a dab of glue between it and the head.

shipahoy41
09-30-2014, 06:02 AM

Titelok from Walmart works better than superglue. That will stop the thief from getting your shad.