Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long lining/spider rigging with jon boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long lining/spider rigging with jon boat?

Does anyone long line troll or spider rig from a jon boat? I am wondering if anyone does this or know anyone who has done this, if so please post pics. I have a 2014 lowe 1436 with stick steer 15 merc 4 stroke. Looking for ideas on how to set it up for trolling, I use pinnacle rods for grizzly jig 12', 10', and 8'. Thanks guys I'll post a pic as soon as I can of my boat.
    Cant catch em on da couch!:fish

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 12297
Size:  41.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 3119
Size:  58.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

all you need is some rod holders, a gps to monitor your speed and a good TM, looks like you have a MK, so you're at least 1/3 there. Look for some threads about longlining, and pulling or pushing cranks, will have lots of tips in the threads
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I wish I still had pics of my old boat. Post this question on the Ga. board. I know Litewirekooker and a few others that fish aTalquin have stick steers and longline from front. I bet if ya sent a few pics to that feller from Hitek he could fab ya something that would work.

Post Thanks / Like

I have almost that same boat but mine just has a trolling motor.I have never long lined with jigs from a jon boat but i have used minnows. Pull them slow as you can go if you don't have a gps it's hard to long line jigs you have to maintain speed this is hard in a jon boat. The fish will hold on to the minnows longer giving you time to set the hook. It looks like you have a powerdrive minnkota if so it will control your speed I can't tell the pic is fuzzy. If you have a gps or your minnkota is a gps model just pull jigs a .9 to 1.5 I hope this will help if not let me know I will try to help you

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2895
Size:  79.1 KBGot to fish for an hour or so on Wednesday tried out some single rod holders but I want to use all twelve rods

Post Thanks / Like

I built this out of an old 16/36 Ouachita. It is rigged out about as good as you can rig one of these boats, but it is still just a stump jumper. Spiderrigging works well ONLY if there is zero wind and/or deep water. It can be very frustrating in windy situations, and the catch ratio suffers because of it. Long lining may be slightly better, but I still think wind will be an issue. If I had to do it over I would save my money and buy a boat that is better suited for that type of fishing.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1411953282962.jpg
Views: 3127
Size:  77.2 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1411953306576.jpg
Views: 6171
Size:  50.5 KB
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)
    Likes Clint LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice set up!

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my buddy long lined from a 12ft John boat for ten years before upgrading. We put some 3/4 plywood up front and mounted a set and put road holders on each side. We had a middle bench seat that we ran a 2x4 across and mounted rod holders on. We sat back to back pretty much with the middle persons sitting boat level. We fished 12 rods with no problem. Front person had to manually let out his inside rods, but other than that worked great.

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Rigged out many stick steer boats for fishermen. I use rod holders from lake talquin lodge for the front. Use different ones for the back that will adjust from Zebco to open face reels. If you live close to Cochran, be glad to help. Got extra sets of holders somewhere in shop.
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast