Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 9/28 Outing

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9/28 Outing

Well it's been a long summer with limited fishing due to a major job change so haven't been able to develop any patterns on my usual lakes. Changed some rigging last week and the boat is now equipped to longline 8 rods out the back.

Name:  trolling rig.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  38.5 KB

Next upgrades will be adding an 800 series HB fishfinder to the back before my neck is permanently crooked. Also going to put a beach umbrella in between the chairs. After that, on to the front deck with a 2-rod holder on the front left and right and possibly another umbrella. When finished, the boat will be ready to longline 1-4 anglers in comfort. And then of course I need to get some new rods and various lengths.

Now on to the highlights of the day. #1...my oldest girl just became a teenager and she was the one who begged to go out this morning! While I already own enough guns, her passion for fishing is most reassuring.

Went to our little 400 acre lake and the first two hours yielded a couple misses and two bluegills. Water temperature was between 80-82, lots of algae, and couldn't find them. Then we decided to troll back towards the boat ramp when the fishfinder exploded with beeps.

Name:  S00072.png
Views: 350
Size:  71.0 KB

The screen looked like that for about 100 yards. A couple of interesting findings: 1) they would only Acid Rain and Chartreuse colors, 2) I had to slow down to almost 0.4 mph on the trolling motor to get the jigs deep enough (all 1/16 RoadRunners), 3) the bite was hottest between noon and 1:30 (not usual in this lake), and 4) they were under the thermocline.

Once we got it dialed in, we probably made a dozen passes back and forth over this line and talk about chaos! New record...5 bent rods at once... ALL landed!

Name:  9-28-14 lake davenport.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  34.2 KB

Caught 42, kept 9 for the fryer. Ready to get out there again next weekend!
    A man remembered never dies.
    Likes fishin813, Davedirt, litewirehooker, Yelim LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report! What area of central Fl you in?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Polk County and am working downtown Orlando. We're probably gonna move in the next two years or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I gotcha! Keep that girl under your wing and continue to treat her special. Mine is 23 now and still fishes pretty regular with me. Boat only fishes 2 really, so once in a while I take her surf fishing so her bo can tag along. And she shoots quite well as well. Probably better than her 2 brothers.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun !! Nice set up on the boat
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks, its been a blast this past year going after 'em!