rory & rattler met jack and i at the gate of little creek to make our way to the CBBT. whew we was it cold !!~ 35* and a slight wind but not too bad......headed stright to where i left off last week and dropped jigs and bucktails for some light tackle fun.....left the trolling as a last resort just to put meat in the freezer......didnt have to.
bay side of the bend just before the 3rd island is where i found fish right away ......called 'em fish from 10 feet down all the way to the bottom in 30 feet of water.......lots of fish. I am still at the wheel & the other 3 drop lines .......fish fish fish but nobody hooks up......second drift as we clear the pilons i pass on the lesson taught to me by the world famous Capt Tom Hughes, drop a bucktail to bottom and its fish on !! so i say Rory look as i toss the 19 or so inch fish back in the water......you want meat you gotta get it yourself !! we fish for an hour or so with mixed results......Capt Tom has the striper killer chiznit, I know this so I call him.......we got a 42 and a 44 inch release, 2 miles out from you guys.....i run him down and bum a bag of the striper killers he has.....back to the pilons we go, i tie one on and wam a keeper first drop !! in the box it goes !! ....... i give rory a new rig.....rub it for luck and hand it to him.......out it goes and bent goes his rod slammed over......get the net gary for rory's forst striper as a HO......nice keeper at 22 or so, gary ties on a secret weapon...rattler hooks up, wait rory has another......net em jack
then the real catching begins.....rory rory rattler rory rory jack rory rory rattler......mean while the wind is kicken and the waves are built to about 3 foot.....its all i can do to keep off the pilons........almost time to go.....7 fish in the box and finally i get a wet a line again, but rory nets a fish for rattler,he nets one for rory - both go back, .....jack gives up,rorys has never caught 2 striper in the same day before and now he has limited and released a dozen fish or so and gary did 1/2 as good too....jack drives and backs me up to the pilon. all we need is 1 more fish and head home......all alone i get to pop the last fish of the day. 1 cast between the pilons,let it fall to the bottom and a fat fish picks my lil purple friend and in the cooler it goes ......we head back as the sun peakes over the beach at little creek......what a banner day on the water and some great pullage for every one !!