Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bagnell Dam question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bagnell Dam question

What is the situation below the dam. I know they did some gravel removal etc. but the fishing reports have been "slow" all year from MDC. Don't know if that is really the case or know one is doing any reporting> I do know the times I have stopped off there on the way to Bennett Springs there has been few if any boats out. Any one have a report or opinion? I fished quite a bit there in the 80's/90's and did pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

I was by there today. It stinks so bad i wouldn't want to fish no where near it.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! I drive over the dam twice a day and it smells like raw sewage!! My wife kept yelling at me until after about 3 days, I convinced her it was the river!

Quote Originally Posted by Charley41 View Post
    I was by there today. It stinks so bad i wouldn't want to fish no where near it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure on the crappie but I won a bass club tournament there a few weeks ago with 15.66 pounds. That was a fun day!

I'm supposed to meet up with a buddy from Jeff City tonight at the MariOsa access. I'm going to throw in a crappie rod and see if I can pull a few out of some brush. Not sure what to expect really. Haven't fished there since early spring.