Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many jigs ??

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many jigs ??

How many jigs should a person have before he is considered a 'nut'???? Started with 1 the first year(Slaters Cajun) caught fish on it, so now have a 5gal bucket full and don't have a favorite one and am tying more.--shu
    <*(((((><
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You're a nut!!!!!!!LOL but ain't we all!! I've got a box with over 200 zip bags of painted jigs and my other box has bags of poured jigs. That's not counting all my tied ones.
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

500 plus hand rolled jigs and not close to being a nut.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure but I gave about 400 away to keep from being suspect !, narrowed it down to my best 20.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there shu being a nut ain't all that bad. Just think of all the fun you can have sorting out Christmas presents when you decide to empty the boxes some day. I'm still emptying out green carp lures and worms. It's so much fun. Good fishing to you. Ferdi

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an addiction that all of us that tie feed all too regularly. I sell some now and then to hide my problem.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Eagle 1, Pepop LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

i usually have 50-100 with me. they are all plain lead heads either 1/16 or 1/8th. i found thats all a guy needs 90% of the time.
    Likes Jiganomics LIKED above post

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wife says I am a nut so i'll tie a few more and know someone has more than me.--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

Just poured 1000 not too long ago. That plus another couple hundred (and that is just for walleye fishing).

My wife calls me far worse than a nut.... but I can't hear her from the boat anyway
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Fishinfool1998, Jiganomics LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For walleye, I have four (4) 18 compartment boxes, each compartment has between 18 and 24 jig heads. Each compartment has a different color. So a minumum for those is 1296. I have two custom boxes for tied jigs each have 6 rows and hold 30 jigs approimately so 360 more. Then my crappie box (board with foam strips) 10 strips at 50 - 60 jigs each so another 500, thus 1296+360+500=2156.

My jig making bench in the basement is stocked with several thousand hooks ranging from size 10 to 5/0. On hand I have ~15 bags 100 each 1/32 ball heads on gold, black and red hooks. 1/24OZ heads 5 bags of 100 black hooks, 1/16oz heads a couple dozen bags with back and gold hooks, my bench top rack where I put qued jigs ready for decoration has 36" of each of the following heads. 1/100oz on bronze hooks, 1/48ounce black sickle, 1/32ounce #8 black sickle, 1/32 ounce #6 black sickle, 1/16 ounce #4 black sickle hooks, 3/32 ounce #2 Bronze EC, 3/16oz #1 Black sickles, 1/8oz #2 Black sickles. Plus I have a drawer full of assorted sizes up to 1 ounce all bagged 25 to 50 per bag.

I am somewhat obsessive and usually cast 500 or so of each head even if its a size I do not typically use.... Last year I went thru a little over 300# of lead. So far this year I am well ahead of last years useage. I am not a commercial jig maker, I provide jigs to dozen or so buddies and rarely does a day go by that I do not spend an hour or three messing around the lure shop. I keep saying no to using my duplictor for making crank baits but it is getting harder and harder to resist.
    Likes Fatman LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast