Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JIGANOMICS CRAPPIE FISHING TIP OF THE YEAR!

Post Thanks / Like

Default JIGANOMICS CRAPPIE FISHING TIP OF THE YEAR!

NEVER THROW A CRAPPIE BACK IN THE SAME SPOT THAT YOU ARE FISHING!

One day i visited one of my new Honey Holes and started getting bites as soon as i dropped my jig to 5ft dept. I was verticle jigging on this day off of a bridge crossing a canal. in 30minutes i caught 7 Slab Crappie all over 12 inches and was convinced that i will hit the limit(25) in another hr at this rate. Well on the 8th fish, he hit my jig, i reeled him up, took him off of the hook and was holding him in my hand, then he jumped out of my hand and fell back into the water, right on top of my spot. smh. Didnt think anything of it so i dropped my jig back in the water and to my surprise didnt get a hit for the rest of the day. so i started to think and think hard on y the fish stopped biting on a perfect day like this. I gave up after a while, but before i packed my things somethin told me that the same school of big crappie was still around somewhere because the fishing conditions were too perfect. i adjusted by moving 20ft from the spot i dropped the fish at and started pullin in hogs left n right.

Moral of the Story: Never throw back a crappie in the same fishing spot that your fishing in because crappie are really scary fish. The slightest disturbance in the water could cause the whole school to relocate on you. Leaving you in a fishing hole with absolutly no fish. Ever started catchin crappie and then all of a sudden they aint there no mo? this is why. As soon as I dropped my crappie back in the water it took off. When the other school of crappie seen one of his buddies droppin from the skys then haulin booty to get away, they scattered as well. From that day on after following this rule i started catching more crappie, back 2 back, with no hesitations because I went Stealth mode on'em.
    Last edited by "G"; 09-22-2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: language
    Likes Cardsfan55, shipahoy41, Crappie ciller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have thrown dozen's back over brush piles I fish. I have never had the problem you described. Maybe because the brush I'm fishing is in 15' to 25' of water ? There are a lot of other things that will spook fish besides throwing one back on the spot you are fishing. I say whatever works for you anyway.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

probably. water isnt that deep down here. the average dept at lake okeechobee is 14ft so you may have a valid point. spot i was fishing was about 10ft deep at the most

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished there a few times. What part do you fish? 14 ft. sounds like main lake or rim canal.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Probably told his buddy's about you and how he was lucky to get away!
    Likes Greg_Mathis, Jiganomics LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If there is a size limit you have to throw short ones back.

Post Thanks / Like

TBH. The most lucritive spots for specks on the southeast coast of the lake is Canal Point, Sand cut, Pahokee Pier and Port Mayaca Fl the only reason i told you is because you are persistant. i used to ask ppl for spots on sites like this before and they would never tell me and it was so frustrating to me. but there ya go. if any of these spots a have running water at the time then you will see 50ppl jiggin there every saturday. far as im concerned, if you want to guarntee crappie on any fishing trip down here on the southeast side, these spots are legendary. Name:  10311161_522247937881252_2611130365981949412_n.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  87.4 KBthis is at Canal Point under the bridge verticle jigging
    Likes shipahoy41, chucktx LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

True but jus dont throw them back in the same spot you caught your fish at. walk to another spots release it and then go back to where u were pullin them in at.

Post Thanks / Like

You have to release any short fish or the GW will ticket you and here it is a $50.00 fine for each fish that is undersized. From the picture you are fishing from the bank and it is probably shallow and any splashing or other noise will put them off biting for awhile. They don't necessarily move but stop biting once they know you are there. You don't want to sit on one spot day after day or the fish will move on you and find another spot. That is why it is best to have several spots and move around until you have your limit. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p
    Likes shipahoy41, Jiganomics LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

l always throw them up towards the front of my boat towards my buddy...just so he knows I am catching fish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast