Thread: Ok where is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok where is it?

I'm talking about safe ice.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by herb
    I'm talking about safe ice.
    In the ice chest herb,you should know that. :D I got on some the last 2 nights after work.It was on some shallow back waters on the Cedar River around C.R.. Most ponds I see on the way to work look good too.Is there layer of ice on Odessa <--? yet herb ?
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lee, I haven't fished Odessa for a few years now and I only live a mile from it. No fish. They are dumping the lake as I write this to get the water away from the trees so they won't get froze in.
    I drove over to Belvadeer yesterday. Still some open spots, but what ice there is does not look good. I doubt even this cold blast will do much good. Then we have a big warm up coming next week. Might have to drive up to Lansing area to get my ice fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Herb
    My guess is there are several ponds with safe ice and some of the smaller lakes by now.I was in Minnesota (ottertail area on business the first of the week)and they are just getting out on their larger lakes.Id personally like to see the water stay open.Well probably get a good freeze and then a thaw like last year in Feb.Cory

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I just wish it would do one or the other and stay that way. Seems we get enough ice to get us excited about walking on water and then we lose it right away. LOL, I have a 3 year old brand new never used Otter shack that has never seen the ice yet. Haven't had the weather to really need it.
    Good to hear from you Cory