Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Biggest Oil Producer: Alaska or Texas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biggest Oil Producer: Alaska or Texas?

Anyone care to speculate on which of these two states is the larger producer of oil in this country?

The answer can be found here: http://www.eia.doe.gov/kids/energyfa...wable/oil.html
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default That's interesting

What shocked me more than TX being #1 is that California beat out Louisiana as #3!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Dwyane, i was thinking the same thing How can California beat out Louisiana, I always hear that they didnt want any wells over there, but from what I found, its true, they beat us out. Seems like they are doing 3 times the amount that we are.(well, in 2005 anyway)
    If you are interested, check this page out.
    http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pe...c_mbblpd_a.htm
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72
    Yeah Dwyane, i was thinking the same thing How can California beat out Louisiana, I always hear that they didnt want any wells over there, but from what I found, its true, they beat us out. Seems like they are doing 3 times the amount that we are.(well, in 2005 anyway)
    If you are interested, check this page out.
    http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pe...c_mbblpd_a.htm
    Interesting statistics in your link, thanks for supplying the link. Somewhat alarmed to see a gradual decrease in oil production since the mid 80's all across the board. I knew that oil production had decreased over the years, but something about this sure looks odd. Perhaps it is because the oil bust of the 80's set back domestic oil exploration or maybe because oil producing equipment set in storage all across the states until it turned to rust or no longer was worth salvaging.... I don't know. But with crude oil prices way over $50 per barrel, you would think oil production would be going up, not down.

Maybe they're sucking every drop they know of out of the ground as quickly as they can now, but something looks fishy about this. :rolleyes:
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard it said before and I'm no oil man by any means, but heard that we don't have the refining capacity needed to handle more oil. So what good would it do to pump more oil than we can refine? price of gas will not come down until we either get more gas (build more refineries) or use alternate source (ethanol) and lower demand. Of course we know that if we lower demand then oil companies will just cut back on production to keep supply down to where prices will remain high but at least with ethanol there will be something there to compete with gasoline. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion