Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada or Sardis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada or Sardis

New to the site and hope to contribute in the future. Right now I need some feed back, I'm planning a dream (my dream anyway) to either Sardis or Grenada in February for crappie. I've been working on my crappie catching skills for about a year so I'm by no means an expert. Which of the two lakes would be the best to schedule a couple days on. My goal is to catch my first 3 lb crappie. I like spider rigging but also like to feel the thump when jigging, I have a 18 foot Ranger with HB 597 ci HD on front and a new HB 899 with SI at the counsel. I'm not looking for any honey holes just which lake might be best suited for a new to the sport fisherman.

Thanks in advance,
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like

I think either lake will do you fine and have a chance of catching a 3 lb. fish, probably a better chance at Grenada. I would wait until the middle of March to go right at spawn and that will increase your chances as the females will be full of eggs then.

Post Thanks / Like

Middle of Feb till end of Feb Lake Washington is your place, March be at Grenada.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to C.C from KY.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Both lakes hold 3 lb fish but to individually catch one is not guaranteed. They are still scarcer than hens teeth. There are several caught every year by different fishermen but the second one may be years away. You need to come when the water temp hits 63 degrees. Like Rees said, Washington, being farther South will hit it quicker than Sardis or Grenada. Just have to watch the weather.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

I would fish both. They are really not that far apart that you can't fish both on separate days.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN View Post
    I would fish both. They are really not that far apart that you can't fish both on separate days.
    Heck....I've fished both on the same day. Only a 30 minute drive between the two.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes yikess LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    I think either lake will do you fine and have a chance of catching a 3 lb. fish, probably a better chance at Grenada. I would wait until the middle of March to go right at spawn and that will increase your chances as the females will be full of eggs then.
    Better book cabin or hotel now......
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

Any hotel suggestions for Granada lake area? I appreciate all the feed back.

Ray