Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Input needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Input needed

Who all fishes or has fished out of the Tracker Pro 175 series boats. Pros, cons, upgrades. All info appreciated!

Thanks,
    Pappa

Post Thanks / Like

My fishing partner has that exact boat and it is perfect for the style and lakes that we fish. We mostly vertical jig and spiderrig on several different lakes that range from wide open to shallow and stumpy. It is plenty stable for fishing two up front, and the deep V really helps you slide off of obstructions in stumpy areas, instead of getting stuck and doing the ring around the rosie method that comes with having a flat bottom. It also rides smoother and holds better in the wind compared to other metal boats. Just my opinion, but this is the boat that I am looking to buy in a year or two.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I have the pro team 170 tx bought new in 2010 works great for me. I bass fish and long line for crappie with it. Can be tough to handle in the wind, not near as stable as a fiberglass boat. Have left the lake several times because of wind while fiberglass boats keep on fishing. Don't know about two people up front, not much room for two. You will need to upgrade the electronics if you buy new. I also bought terrova trolling motor. Foot controlled minn Kota that came with it was about impossible to troll with while long lining, start turning as soon as you lift your foot. Is great for shallow water and I don't worry much about running into something while trolling. Now that I have the terrova one trolling battery is fine, but with original trolling motor I needed another battery if I was going to be out all day. Live well is ok, storage is good, no problems with trailer or anything on the boat yet. Once I upgraded electronics and trolling motor it's pretty much perfect. I usually fish by myself and occasionally with one other person more than that would be pretty crowded. Although I love it, if I was to do it over again and my garage was big enough I'd buy something like the nitro Z-8. But live in a townhome so boat has to fit in garage or I'd have to store it somewhere.

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a new Pro Team 175 TXW and am happy with it. Since it's aluminum it will be more affected by wind than the heavier fiberglass boats, but that hasn't been a problem yet. The 60 hp four stroke Mercury runs great and sips fuel. The fish finder and trolling motor are pretty basic, but effective. Very easy to launch and retrieve. Whole package empty weight is 2160 pounds. I have not installed any rod holders yet, so can't comment on that aspect.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Tracker Pro Team 16.5 but thought I would add that mine is a 2000 year model, 14 years old, and still has original carpet and seats, I've had no problems with the boat or trailer. I upgraded the motor to a larger size last year, but had no problems with the original one. Good value for the money.
    I did change out the TM to a Terrova Ipilot and upgraded the DFs in the past couple of years but only because I wanted more and better options.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same boat (2004). I liked it. No major complaints at all.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2004 PT 175 w/ a 60 Merc 2s, bought new in '04. Runs 28 + per gps at around 4-4500 rpms, stock prop, do have tiltntrim. I've read/heard where the new paint job the trackers have on the entire hull will add 2-4mph as the paint is slick, so watch out when launching, could slide off the trailer before you're ready for it to. I have the original console seats but replaced the platform seats for comfort. Original carpet still in the boat and no holes, etc. , everything still works as it should, but I have upgraded the electronics (HDS 8 w/ SS at console and HB 788ci on Terrova 55# TM with IP). I longline, pull some cranks but not long since its 12v TM and have not made the effort to install a 2nd TM battery for extended run time, shoot docks, and cast to structure some. It's a good boat, and would consider buying another one when that time comes along. You can get some models with vinyl flooring and the front deck is lower on one model with more seating positions up front as well. The step up to the front deck is getting higher as I age, and with 3 seats at the console, it can make it a little difficult to get to back deck if you have a few years on you. Just something to think about. I fish solo the majority of the time.
    Last edited by jimp; 09-16-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimp how do you like that 55 lb TM?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2005 PT 175 w/ 50hp Merc. Ideal for the type fishing my wife and I do. Top speed is 32mph and handles well with two group 31 batteries up front. Upgraded TM this year to a 24v Terrova because we enjoy pulling crankbaits in the summer. The Terrova takes the wind out of the equation (up to 10-15mph) when trolling. The size and layout is also just what we need for single pole jig fishing in the spring around standing timber. We have done a little spider rigging and plan to do more this winter. I can put double seats up front and have adequate room, but none to spare. I would buy the same boat again and have been very pleased.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast