Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks again and congrats. Let's hear some feedback guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks again and congrats. Let's hear some feedback guys.

I want to thank everyone again for coming out to our first tournament. What a great turnout we had. We had ten boats enter the tournament. I want to say congrats to our top 3 teams. Great fishing guys and gals. We will be posting pics and the results soon. Also we will be posting the points totals for angler of the year. This is a running total and each member angler will receive 1 point for each ounce of fish they weigh in. I can not wait for our next tournament at Tellico Lake on the 11th of October. It was a tough day Saturday with the wind and the warm water. Let's hear some feedback from you guys who fished. What worked and what didn't? Where did you find fish and what spots didn't pan out.

Matt Xenos
    Owner - Wired For Crappie
    www.wiredforcrappie.com
    Founder/President of East TN Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow we got lucky and finished second. The week before we found fish in Soddy creek. We chose to go back there and the fish were still there, just not quite as aggressive as the week before. We never saw another crappie fisherman all day. All our fish were caught on bobby garland slab slayers on 1/16 oz heads. Mo glow colors worked best. I guess because it was cloudy and we were fishing deep they could maybe see it better. Water temp was 82-83. Boat set in 25' of water most of the day relatively close to the creek, and for the most part we were sheltered from the north wind. The brush topped out in 19-21'. We moved back and forth between 8 or 9 brush piles during the day. The bite was very light but mostly keepers. Caught around 40 fish total and about 30 of those were keepers. Only had one argument all day. On one of the nicer fish we caught, my wife grabbed the 4lb test line and tried to lift the fish over the side of the boat with it dangling. Of course, the line broke but the fish fortunately fell in the net. We had a little talk after that...but we got over it and just went back to work. I couldn't ask for a better partner. Looking forward to tellico.

Post Thanks / Like

The wind was just horrible out there were I fished and boat positioning was tough all day. Fished the lower end of the chic targeting cover/structure in the 17 to 20 ft depths. Fish caught were holding very close to bottom in the 83 degree water. Lost the first livewell fish of the day by the boat which was very painful watching him swim away. I knew I would regret that happening by the end of the day and sure enough I can still envision him laugh.
    I fished the entire day with Crappie Magnets on a 1/16oz jig head. Tipping the jig with a crappie nibble seemed to improve the bite a bit but who knows for sure.
    Fish were not in an aggressive mood at all and were just taking the bait very softly. If you were not experienced at detecting a light bite you never would not have even known you were bit at all.
    Perhaps on Tellico next month I will feel that thump.

Post Thanks / Like

Slipshuck and I fished below the 60 bridge we used crappie magnets as well most fish came between16-24' on docks but most fish were right on the bottom like said previously the fish were not aggressive at all most seem to just push the bait very few "thumps".caught around 75crappie with around 25 keepers.then pulled bandit 300's the last hour with the best fish caught in 18-22' deep on edge of channel barely below Skull Island
    WACKEM AND STACKEM!
    Likes crappieready270240 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yup it sure was windy out there. Learned I need to tighten up the tensioner on my motor, it would swing when I went to get the far rods. I trolled and had 2 on before even getting all the rods out. I concentrated on the shad balls, but had to weed through lots of yellow bass (plus a 30+ inch catfish and several 2-3 lb spots). Wind also had kicked up lots of milfoil, so lots of line clearing too. With about 15 minutes left, found a pod of crappie again (mixed with yellow bass) but didn't have enough time to get 7. Had at least 2 crappie get off (probably more) and several major tangles (yellow bass would take 3 or 4 rods down at the same time). A partner should would have helped me. Can't make the next one but hopefully I will get to "redeem" myself
    Likes crappieready270240 LIKED above post

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

sinkum and I started out in the harrison bay and ended up in wolfever ck area pulling 300 bandits we didn't get to prefish any because of work so we decided to start here thinking we could at least catch seven fish which we did but they were just keepers we also caught a few on docks using 1/32 with bobby garlands.
    we was wanting to move to a different area but around noon we had to shut all our electronics off because of a bad starting battery not making excuses just a typical day fishing we had a great time and enjoyed it. we will try to fish telico hope to see everyone there.

Hope everyone is having a blessed day
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)