Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Up-grade my sonar and need yur help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Up-grade my sonar and need yur help

I now have 2 ten year old Lowrance sonar units in my boat and would like to replace them. I am not interested in color or frills just something that is accurate and something I will not have to spend a lot of money for. Thinking about Lowrance or Eagle or ANYTHING. [Just retired-now fixed income- don’t have to have the best anymore just good.] any suggestions?----LOVE THIS FOURM.
    THANKS A BUNCH

Post Thanks / Like

Westsam,

I wouuld call Lowrance directly, and ask them if they would be willing to take your old graphs in exchange for vouchers for new ones? I had 2 X-75's and they took both of them from me and gave me vouchers. I ended up buying a 332c and a 102c. Saved about $180 on both. If you want a good graph I would go with the X135. Buddy of mine had it on his Skeeter. Great graph, and detailed for a non-colored graph. Also, you can talk to the tech guys at Lowrance and they can recommend a graph for exactly what you want. Hope that this helps you out.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Think about a color unit, they are definately worth it. Now is a great time to buy last years units, they are discounted to almost half price. Also look into a unit with a dual frequency transducer. Lowrance, Eagle, Garmin, Humminbird, they are all good units.

Post Thanks / Like

Shell can you give me a link to the web-sites that has this years unites on sale for half price. i dont mind a year old model as long it does me a job.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a LMS-332c myself, paid 495 for it!! But they are replaceing it with a LMS-520c, it's the same unit as the 332 but has an ethernet slot, and I think you can change the screen layouts more than the 332. They are both NMEA 2000 units, so getting your hands on 332 for cheap, is not like your buying a unit that is no longer serviceable, or outdated (they are ALL outdated by the time they are availible to us anyways!).

If you don't want a GPS unit, check out the X102c, it's the same unit as the 332 and now the 520, without the GPS built in, it's color which is alot easier on the eyes now. You can get some really nice greyscales too, that you can change the shadeing on, which make them easier to read too, but for the money, I'd recommend a color unit.

Really for the money, the best unit dollar for dollar has to be the LMS-332c, or the new LMS-520c. Even if you don't think you'll use the GPS function, it's a better deal to go ahead buy the 332, because the X102 is only around 100 to 125 bucks cheaper, you can't even buy a standalone GPS with the same features as the built in GPS that comes in the unit!!

Good luck with your purchase!
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet

Post Thanks / Like

bass pro has a sale flyer out now with some d-finders on sale also may want to try [url]www.tigerdriect.com (found that on here ) good luck --fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Garmin 250C is my choice for a great unit. There support is excellent also.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat the eagle 320 or 480 for the money. Check the link belowand you can download a simulator onto you computer. Just play with it for a while before you make thew choice.

http://www.eaglegps.com

Post Thanks / Like

You can go to ebay and get a new garmin 178 for around $275. It is a GPS and sonar combo unit. It is a black&white unit. This is a very good unit for the money. Make sure you get the one with the internal antenna. It will hook up very easy and is very easy to use. I have a Lowrance 332c and a Garmin 178. If you want a good one but don't want all the bells and whistles, the garmin 178 is the way to go.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]