Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Talquin Slabfest Roll Call

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talquin Slabfest Roll Call

Time to start getting a head count. There are a few threads on this event on CdC and some on Facebook and kinda hard to keep up with all of it....So if we can keep this thread to just a "Roll Call", or if you plan on being there, that would be great...Thx all....See ya in November!!!
    Last edited by flycaster; 11-22-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like only a couple of folks from the FL board are planning on making it to Talquin this year. Only 4 weeks left before the Annual Get Together at Talquin. Lake Talquin Lodge is practically booked up for that weekend (only 1 motel room left) and the overflow is starting to book at Ingrams Marina and other places. It is shaping up to be another great turnout and we are hoping the weather will cooperate with us. We are still accepting donations for door prizes. Donations are a little slimmer this year than they have been in the past, but we have some items this year that we have not had in the past. The fishing has started to pick up at Talquin over the past week or so and is only going to get better over the next month. As we have always done, We'll have our Big Fish Fry on Friday evening and a Hot Dog Lunch on Saturday. Tickets that are sold for door prizes are how we raise up enough money to pay for all the food that will be furnished and any excess money will be put right back into the event by way of Lake Talquin Lodge Gift Certificates that will be given away at lunch to the top weights of the morning on Saturday and the Top 2 Big Fish on Saturday....And don't forget the Fruit Jar Tourney on Friday for those that wish to participate in it. There will be several people coming in on Wednesday so we should have a lot of folks on hand by Friday. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones next month!!!

Post Thanks / Like

what are the dates ?

Post Thanks / Like

The Fruit Jar Tournament is Friday, Nov 7 and the Slabfest will be on Saturday Nov 8...There will be alot of folks starting to show up on Wednesday, Nov 5. Be glad to have you join us!!

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Count me in.
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

will be there friday and saturday, weather permitting, one or two of us. jim g. (catfish44).

Post Thanks / Like

So far, here is the list we have for Slabfest. I'm sure that there are some names that I have forgot to add. We are needing a head count and it looks like we may end up with more than the previous years. We are still needing some donations for door prizes, anything from Fishing Tackle to Homemade Pepper Juice!! Let me know if your name is not on here:

Slab
    TnT and Talquin Maggie
    Jade Leverette
    Litewirehooker
    Chuck Auten and Slabby15
    Earl Kitchens and Cuz
    Coldneck1 and Tammie
    Tyler Walker
    Don Pharr
    John Staton
    Lori Horton
    Debra and Bub Taylor
    Byron Wise
    Mtnman and Netgirl
    Heavylead and Lori
    Kevin Trombley + 1
    Outlaw 125 and Melvin
    No Mercy and 30 More
    Golfprocrappieman
    BigFishHeads + 1
    Mr. Speckanator and Roostertail
    Billy and Cathy
    Bruce and Kathy
    Tim and Melanie
    Rawhide and Airpressure
    Brimfisher + 1
    Jonboatfisher + 2
    Shu and Dan
    Nixon + 1
    Charles and Joyce + 10
    Catfish44 + 1
    Blindhog
    Chip Wells

Post Thanks / Like

I saw rooster tail on the list......but I didn't see me......saw some feller "Mr. Speckanator" .......must be an imposter ! .......the real speckanator will be there Wednesday Afternoon

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

For those that are coming to Talquin this week:

The time is almost here and I am betting that this cold front that just pushed thru will have the fish biting real good in the next couple of days. Here is the agenda for the the week:

Thursday: Several of us will be going to Angels for seafood around 5:00.
    Friday: We are having a Fruit Jar or Pot Luck tournament for anyone interested. Entrance Fee is $15 ($10 per boat and $5 Big Fish) Entrance Fee must be paid the by 6:30 Friday morning. We will start fishing at Daylight and be back at Lake Talquin Lodge by 12:00 for weigh In. Payout will be for top 2 teams unless we have more than 12 teams, then Payout will go to top 3 teams. See Litewirehooker for details and paying entrance fees.
    Friday Evening: Fish Fry. I am guessing we will be starting to eat around 5:30-6:00 time frame.
    Saturday: We will fish from Daylight till 12:00 and come in to weigh fish and eat lunch. Door prizes will be given away at that time also. The rest of the weekend is whatever you choose to do.

Don't forget to purchase your tickets for your chance to win door prizes. Proceeds from the sale of these tickets pays for the food and expense for this event. See everyone later this week!!!