Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Toledo Bend Still OK?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toledo Bend Still OK?

25 years ago, I had occasion to fish Toledo Bend near Hemphill Tx. We were there in February and caught a lot of nice crappie in the 2 to 3 pound range.

(Sounds like a fish story, but true) We saw a couple of stringers mounted at White's resort that averaged over 2 1/2 pounds. I thought they had been culled and put together but based on my experience, I now believe they were legit.

Anyway, I would like to make another pilgrimage somewhere that gives me the chance to catch a 3 pound crappie. Does Toledo Bend still have quality fishing? Is Lake Fork a better bet now? Any other lakes?

Is February still a good month?

Since I live in Northern Illinois, it is not a short trip and I can't afford to waste a lot of time researching in the boat or in the car.

Thanks in advance

Ol Yank

Post Thanks / Like

I have never fished Toleda Bend. But I can tell ya the crappie fishing at Lake Fork is AWSESOME!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default T- Bend crappie

t-bend still has good crappie fishing ..mid to late Feb, is as good as any lake ,
    I have been hookin crappie the last 3 years on t-bend and i am hooked,,
    I dont live on the lake but i aint far ,,about 100 miles to the Inlaws house.
    my Father in law has fished it since the late 60,s almost from the begining..
    he turned me on to fishing crappie ,,and this time of the year it is all i think about ...so dont sell T- Bend short on crappie ..i got a pic on the brag board
    from last years better catch......
    Later ,, Big Lou