Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for double jig / rig setup ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm looking for double jig / rig setup ideas

I'm just looking for some ideas on setting up my crappie poles with double jigs, I usually set mine apart 12 to 16in apart using a dropper loop on the top smaller jig (borrowed from..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCih__yRyIc ) This is all I have used since watching this video...just wondering if anyone has any better, or different suggestions. Thanks in advance everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

That pretty much covers it. Just simple changes of jigs or baits but principal stays same. Thats a pretty good video ole Skeetbum made.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Carolina style rig with a three way swivel tied to a 16" in leader with a jig and 10" leader to a weight and barrel swivel then anoterh 10" leader for the other jig. I think it is also called a speck rig. I use a 1/8 to 3/4 oz weight to keep the jigs down while trolling.
    Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 8551
Size:  11.0 KB
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickingback View Post
    I use a Carolina style rig with a three way swivel tied to a 16" in leader with a jig and 10" leader to a weight and barrel swivel then anoterh 10" leader for the other jig. I think it is also called a speck rig. I use a 1/8 to 3/4 oz weight to keep the jigs down while trolling.
    Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 8551
Size:  11.0 KB
    This is the main setup I use as well (love the drawing by the way!!) I have been having problems lately with the top leader getting a lot of "twist" and wrapping around the other line. Any way to combat this or is it something I may be doing?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love KY rigging in any form. Whatever I have on hand works for me. Right now I am using Capps and Coleman because I won some C&C rigs at Grizzly Jigs Show. I like the Eagle Claw spreaders too, but only buy if desperate. WalMart went up on price and no one there makes $15 hour.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Tracker123 LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Video 2 0 00 00-07.jpg
Views: 2286
Size:  18.8 KBName:  Video 3 0 00 00-07.jpg
Views: 1905
Size:  15.1 KBName:  Video 4 0 00 00-07.jpg
Views: 3625
Size:  19.3 KB I use half iigs on bottom other half on top with the gnat the opposite . If one out does the other I change all to match .

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to give this a try for sure. I'm headed out Saturday to take advantage of the cool weather here in Oklahoma, hopefully the crappie will be a little more active
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesraider View Post
    This is the main setup I use as well (love the drawing by the way!!) I have been having problems lately with the top leader getting a lot of "twist" and wrapping around the other line. Any way to combat this or is it something I may be doing?

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever use minnows try using a jig on bottom for weight and bait and the minnow above 14" to 18" up.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Likes Cane Pole, Saltine, Tracker123, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    If you ever use minnows try using a jig on bottom for weight and bait and the minnow above 14" to 18" up.
    This is my go-to, although I tip the jig with a red worm. It's like a buffet for crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

eagle1 could we see a pict or drawing of your setup, also what do u mean when you say(sorry 4 dumb question) u use half jig on the bottom
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast