Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Fishing Forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Fishing Forum!

I think the ice fishing forum is about to HEAT UP with all the cold air we are getting!! Bring on the ICE!

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont want to burst your bubble but Illinois is gonna see temps into low 40s and high 30s next week. Pray the weatherman is wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I know I just saw the extended weather forecast.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys as long as the night time temps are below freezing we should be ok
    evryone just start getting ready, I think it's gonna happen this year.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Before I pass judgment and make a comment about the wisdom of ice-fishing since I've never participated, I want to know the rewards and why you guys do it? I've heard it's a lot of fun, but does the fun outweigh the risks?
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

To begin with, some years in the north country that is the only fishing we can do since everything has ice cover. First ice and last ice is allways the best ice for harvesting fish. The panfish tend to school more under the cover of ice. More mobility when walking on hard water. With todays electronics, finding fish is so much easier.
    And with the clothing, tents, augers, rods and tackle, and some of the more gimmiky items out there, ice fishing is so much fun.

Post Thanks / Like

But you still need to use your head and or instincts when venturing onto hard water. Picks of life or a life preserver is a good idea and should be required gear on new ice. Taking along a friend and plenty of rope is also good. Just hope you never need it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the filets. All fish are alot firmer in cold water. Another is comradity, fishing in groups of guys of 10 to 20 guys, can't do that in a boat. I can't explain it, but once you do it, it's just in your blood. Maybe we are crazy. At least that is what my wife thinks.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Stinky.....Until you have actually experienced the thrill of being out on a frozen lake up here in Minnesota,fishing with 20 good friends at night....circled around a tipped over 5 gallon bucket,with a green Coleman lantern lighting all the freshly scooped out drilled iceholes,sipping hot cinnamin apple cidar,catching crappies,and laughing...you will never truly understand....:D

You should really try it....so....in all fairness...I'll extend an invitation to you...IF you ever get up to Minnesota....I'll get you in touch with some of my friends that will take you out icefishing....but first you will have to get up here.I unfortunately can't go this year,according to Doc's orders...
    Last edited by CrappieMagnet; 12-06-2006 at 08:47 AM.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am not from the great freezing north country but I married an eskimo from Northern Michigan and her brother and father are quite the sportsmen. So I want ice fishing for the first time on our annual Christmas trip up there and now I cant wait to get up there and do it again. Im use to murkey water down here in north Carolina and the clear water up there lets you see right down the hole in the shanty so you can actually see the fish stalk and take the bait. Man is it addicting. If you dress for it and have the right equipment its great fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast