Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Montgomery Al - kayak weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Montgomery Al - kayak weekend

I will be in Montomery for my 11yr old soccer game next weekend and would like to make it a kayak weekend too. I have done the Jordan river trip myself, my thoughts are it would be too much combined with soccer.

I need some calm flat water and no jet skis....... Is that possible.....Please advise....

A cabin/camping spot would be nice too....

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Oh forgot to mention we have our own kayaks....

Post Thanks / Like

My son started playing soccer when he was 4 in the under 8 league. He is 36 now. Over the years we traveled to a lot of places for game weekends. I always had plans to do other things while in the new to me area. Never enough time to get out and do other things, or rush doing them.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of luck on the flat water with no jetskis. Personally I would like to see the use of jetskis banned within 200 ft of a shoreline. Don't have a problem with people having them or enjoying them just want them to keep a safe distance from people fishing the shoreline in small craft.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I kinda thought that. Guess I was thinking positive. I think I'm just going to rent a tandem kayak and do the river at Jordan dam. That way I can do the paddling and he can enjoy the trip..and be ready for soccer....

Post Thanks / Like

My son would sit in the tub with the shower on cool to lite warm between games and eat fruit. The first travel he had 1 uniform. The field could be bone dry and he could find a mud hole. One weekend they played in 21 degrees with a 35 mph wind and light rain, sleet and snow. Most of the kids came off the field with frozen uniforms because of extra clothing, not his. At 21 he played on 4 different teams and had 8 uniforms. He plays on an indoor adult team now on sunday afternoon year round.
    With 4 dvr's we recorded all of the world cup games. We haven't watched them all yet. If a game is good we send it to disc.

He found a tandem on sale for $200. He told me the next day, after the sale was over.