Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: night fishing on Norris lake, powel side, in TN. close to I think point 17

Post Thanks / Like

Default night fishing on Norris lake, powel side, in TN. close to I think point 17

A great night fishing with Dad! Dad caught 2 crappie, undersized so released back. I caught a large catfish, a gar, and a huge turtle (at least 18") and didn't manage to get any of them over the side of the boat. I also caught a 5in crappie that I actually got in the boat and released back in to the lake.

We use basic number 2 gold eagle claw hooks (either one single or 2 spaced about 3 foot apart) with minnows hooked through the tail with a light-med sinker.

now I don't have worry about be a luker. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention, we had lot a minnow death on the way from the bait store to the lake. I was goofing off and using dead minnows 2 per hook when I caught the cat fish and turtle.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid my Dad and I night fished a lot in the area where the Powell and Clinch join...they called it Pellissippi Point in those days (50+ years ago) and then it became Anderson County Park! I remember some good times and a lot of crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I camped one time on an island one night years ago. then found out it was part of the Anderson County Park, luckily from a boat dock owner and not from anyone official. Chuck swan WMA is there too

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you still had fun. Find the brush piles in deep water along the river or creeks channels and you should be able to catch them at night. Use lights to draw in the bait.
    USAF Retired and fishing!