Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Help With Posting Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help With Posting Pictures

I am in a Personal Message conversation about Gill fishing and I want to post some screenshots, for want of a better word, to a message. I went to a map of my home lack, greatly enlarged a small section of the lake, and it was saved in my "downloads file. When I tried to add the downloads to the message, the website was asking for the URL. But there isn't a URL like www.crappie.com to add. The top of the page just says downloads, etc. I do know that the "pictures" I want to add are in a .png format. I had titled them downloads and just typed in the title that I had given to the "picture" and the resulting message had something that looked like [imgLakeimg] add to it. Does that mean that the other guy will get the "pictures" of the enlarged map section that I wanted to send him?

(And I hope I put this message on the correct forum. If not, hopefully someone will move it to where it needs to be and let me know where I can find it.)

Thanks

GF

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting pictures to PM's is different than posting them to a post on the board. I am not sure but I think to post a pic on a PM you have to go through a host like photo bucket. On the boards you can just post as a attachment. But I gave Slab a heads up on your question so he will be getting back with you on this.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

It's not you, it's the software. The forum software does not provide an option to post pictures in a PM. I can't really explain why. I can just guess that they don't really want to promote PM communications, and would rather encourage posting your pictures in the open forum. I think thats why they had low PM limits for stored messages (which I've increased repeatedly).

What I do is, I post the pic in the "test forum", and then can copy and paste the image in the PM. That works fine for me when I want to include a pic in a PM. Hope that helps.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

your copy paste method does not work for me
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Works for me using a Chrome browser. I highlight the picture, hit "cntl c" and then place my cursor where I want it and do a "cntl p". Standard copy and paste procedure. The above post I copied all the sponsor banners from the bottom of the page at one time.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried it with Chrome.....does the same nothing....same way on IE and Firefox. It used to work
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Just tried it with Chrome.....does the same nothing....same way on IE and Firefox. It used to work

Don't know what to say. I know we got picture problems on the site, double pics, and some attachments that seem to go away after a couple days. But cut and paste of pics on the site seems to work OK in all my tests. Who knows, maybe if I fix the double pic problem, everything else will fall in line. One can only hope!
    Owner