Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New spiderwire

Post Thanks / Like

Default New spiderwire

has anyone tried the new spiderwire and could tell me how it works? its kinda pricey.
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Just got some and have not yet got it wet, but it is said to be the best and here is what I was told.

Ultracast is simply the highest quality braid ever made. It has the highest pick count in the industry, meaning that the weaves per inch are the highest.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default spiderwire

skip i have never used anything but mono. is the solid color ok with fishing for crappie? wont spook them? and will lit work on a dock shooter and good for line watching? or you still better off with the vis mono? i hate spinning reels because of mess you get after a few cast and i understand this might cure it. is that right?

Post Thanks / Like

Spiderwire is good stuff.....very strong.I have the Dark green one and it seems to blend right in with the weeds and pads.Just remember to leave a little mono on the backing of your spinning spool and tie the braid with the mono.Braid tends to slip on the spool(leaving a small amount of mono takes care of that problem).but it does not leave a mess on your spool like mono does.I haven't had one problem yet with backlashes on braids.I can't count the number of times i had backlashes on mono though.I don't care much for using mono.

But the thing about braid is there is no stretch.So i don't know about the line watching on braid....

personally i recommand power pro braid,that's the top choice for alot of people.

I use fireline as well,alot of people hate it,but i seem to never have problems with that one as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe you guys can clue me in on how to use spiderwire with a light weight jig? I've been a fan of spiderwire for years, but I'm not able to use it with jigs if I'm straight line fishing (which I do most of the time). Any hints?
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Braid tends to float....I use fluorocarbon for jigs...fluoro sinks better than braid.

I stay away from braid when i'm fishing with jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westsam
    skip i have never used anything but mono. is the solid color ok with fishing for crappie? wont spook them? and will lit work on a dock shooter and good for line watching? or you still better off with the vis mono? i hate spinning reels because of mess you get after a few cast and i understand this might cure it. is that right?
    The braids being solid color has not hurt and I even use HI-Vis yellow.

I like using 10# (2# mono size) so I can bend my jig hooks when hung up to get them back most of the time.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfinger
    Well maybe you guys can clue me in on how to use spiderwire with a light weight jig? I've been a fan of spiderwire for years, but I'm not able to use it with jigs if I'm straight line fishing (which I do most of the time). Any hints?
    I don't know how light you are talking about, but I troll a lot with my troll motor and use 1/32 and 1/16 with no trouble. However when fishing brush piles I use 1/8 and 1/4 for that so they are heavy enough. That is long line trolling BTW in water from 3'-12' or a little more.

I do use mono too.

Peak Vise Dealer