Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Crappie poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southern Crappie poles

Hats off to Southerncrappie poles, after yesterday I know I made the right choice when setting up my spider rig equipment, I run 4- 14ft Southerncrappie poles which are a graphite/kevlar mix, I hooked into a 10# channel cat and then a whale of a Blue cat that was pushing 25#'s, I use 6# hi vis mono so it took about ten minutes to land the Blue, and my pole at times was almost bent in half!

Post Thanks / Like

wow, I never figured any crappie pole would hold up to a large fish, must had been a fight. Will check their poles out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 513 View Post
    Hats off to Southerncrappie poles, after yesterday I know I made the right choice when setting up my spider rig equipment, I run 4- 14ft Southerncrappie poles which are a graphite/kevlar mix, I hooked into a 10# channel cat and then a whale of a Blue cat that was pushing 25#'s, I use 6# hi vis mono so it took about ten minutes to land the Blue, and my pole at times was almost bent in half!
    almost bullet proof!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this info and report. By xmas I'll be in the market for new poles to spider rig. You just sold me.
    dave
    in currituck

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed sells a really good pole PLUS is a great guy to deal with. I bought my first poles from him several years ago and many folks who used them in my boat have since bought their own.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How sensitive are the pole in the 10 foot range for tightlining or dipping jigs compared to other popular models. The price on them is great.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    How sensitive are the pole in the 10 foot range for tightlining or dipping jigs compared to other popular models. The price on them is great.
    "gene"
    I cant answer that question, my 10ft pole is a B@M. I do know the last three feet of the 14ft poles are meant to be soft, although Saturday the pole was about bent in half and is as straight as the others.

Post Thanks / Like

Think I will get 8 when it's time for me to get new ones. Currently using BPS brand Crappie Maxx 14's. Sensitive and handle 1 ounce weights well but are getting pretty old. May start with the 6'6" to shoot docks with to try'em out
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

Southern crappie rods are amazing! I've landed some big cats, huge bass and nice walleye while searching for the crappie. Never had an issue! Ed also has great customer service

Post Thanks / Like

For the record they are made from carbon and Kevlar, and ed is about as good as they come, and his rods are second to none.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast