Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble finding 1/32oz jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trouble finding 1/32oz jigs.

In particular I'm looking for jigs for vertical jigging. I can find plenty of 1/16oz jigs at my local BPS but they have a very limited supply of 1/32oz jigs. I'm really looking for something similiar to the 1/16oz jig I like to vertical jig with. Anyone have any good links? I can get the jig heads no problem, it's more so the body I like. (black-chartruese)

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1/32 oz. jigs or bodies?

I make a jig that has that style of body on it but it comes made with the hook inside already. I have never tried to make just the body and the tail with out the head but I maybe able to come up with something. I will start after the holidays for the upcoming spring and I will see what I can come up with for you if you dont find any be then................. ....Good Luck and Good Fishin'.....The GrouseFly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64
    In particular I'm looking for jigs for vertical jigging. I can find plenty of 1/16oz jigs at my local BPS but they have a very limited supply of 1/32oz jigs. I'm really looking for something similiar to the 1/16oz jig I like to vertical jig with. Anyone have any good links? I can get the jig heads no problem, it's more so the body I like. (black-chartruese)

you may want to look at www.barlowstackle.
    com they have everything from 1/80 oz and up---fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Ebay
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

You can make the bodies from the end of a Senko type plastic bait. So don't throw them away when they are damaged. Depending on what length you want, cut it off the tip end. You will need a needle with a larger than average eye. Cut off the fat end of a maribou feather and put end through the needle eye and thread the needle from the narrow end and pull the maribou thru to the desired length. You can use one or two feathers. Slip body onto the desired jig. I pour my own Senko type baits so I just make up a bunch of ends at a time. Good Luck. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1-32 oz. jigs

go to www.jrsmarina.com and click on products. He has about any color combo you need. Sells by the dozen. Very good crappie jig and similar to your picture

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definatly say www.barlowstackle.com they seem to have a very good selection.

Post Thanks / Like

BPS carry few jigs this time of year. Come February they will have a kit of 32 oz jigs/bodies that is very reasonably priced for what you get. I don't even see the kit online right now. Somebody there obviously thinks the fishing stops when it turns cold. I think I got some 200 jigs for around $20 last year.

Post Thanks / Like

http://lindyfishingtackle.com/tackle...cat=350&page=1 - Large

http://lindyfishingtackle.com/tackle...cat=349&page=2 - small

I know the pic is wrong, but the original jig like that was the lindy. BPS copied it. Here are the bodies.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-03-2006 at 10:10 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

We have several places here on Weiss Lake to purchase 1/32 ounce jigs. This is a very popular size jig on our lake. Try checking out www.jrsmarina.com, they carry a large selection of these type jigs. Also try using a 1/32 ounce lead head with a Southern Pro Stinger Grub, it also works very well for fishing a jig vertical. You can get the 1/32 ounce heads and grubs at www.southernpro.com.

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    www.weisslakecrappieguides.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast